Hello from windy wyoming

crudeoildude

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
nra bow hunters of wyo
joined up some time ago but haven't been able to due much because of working out of town for the past few years.Now I'm retired and thers lots more time for life.Africa is on the bucket list if the lottery would speed it up that would be fine,have hunted almost all wyo has to offer several times except for moose and mountain goat cant seem to draw those permits.The comraderie on this site is amazing and I'm happy to be joining it.

Welcome aboard , look forward to your contributions! Hopefully you can get to Africa soon!

Reactions: cls
Welcome to the club.

Welcome aboard crudeoildude. Lots of us are retired. Forget that bucket list thing. A 10 day 6 animal PG hunt in Africa is cheaper than going on an Elk hunt (for us Eastern folks anyway.) You are 100 % correct about AH, I've been a member for 2 years now and found nothing but good folks. There are a number of outfitters that cater to bow-hunters.

Welcome sir, you have picked a great way to start your quest to hunt in Africa. Like shootest43 says once you look into it a safari in Africa is not all that expensive compared to other hunts. Have fun researching

Welcome oilfielddude,
Enjoy the site, I've spent a lot of time in the great state of WY.
Cheers,
Cody

Good to have you here. I'm in Gillette. Where are you? Bruce

Windy? In Wyoming? Say it isn't so!! :) Welcome to AH! Been across I-80 a few times. I did make a stop one time near Rawlins and the wind wasn't blowing. Ate my lunch on my tailgate when I suddenly realized it was calm. Most times I had the steering wheel canted towards the north.

I'm in Rock Springs all the time. Have a business there. Where are You? Wyoming hunting is great. And then you have Africa. Whole nother level. Welcome sir

I'm in Rock Springs all the time. Have a business there. Where are You? Wyoming hunting is great. And then you have Africa. Whole nother level. Welcome sir

Guessing you've gone over the pass at Kemmerer a time or two.

Welcome to the site. I have hunted pronghorns out of Rock Springs a number of times. Getting harder to get drawn. But I love to hunt them. May even put in for deer/elk in the future.
We went to Africa in 2013 for my once-in-a-lifetime trip. I am headed back in May. Africa will do that to you.

Reactions: ack
Welcome to AH sir!

Lived 8 yrs in Cody then 8 in Casper..It is windy,you are correct,lol..I sure enjoyed hunting ...We were members of Safari Club in Casper when planning Africa..Was a great help..Like they say ,you do get hooked and it is a great place for us older hunters...Planning 3rd trip now..You will love it.

Welcome to AH crudeoildude! Glad to have you posting and all the best in your planning...

Welcome to AH, glad your back

Welcome to AH.

Welcome crudeoildude, from another oil field hand. I hope to draw a non-resident moose next year in Wyoming, as I have 15 preference. Not sure I'll live long enough to draw a sheep tag.

Welcome to AH, I Have a friend in the Oil Business in Gillettte

Welcome to AH. Watch out Africa is addictive. Heading over for third time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg