Hello from Virginia, USA!

wheelgun6t9

New member
Joined
Nov 25, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum but have been doing a lot of reading! There is a WEALTH of knowledge here and lots to learn. I have some experience in metal working, wood working, and light gunsmithing over the last 30 years or so. I'm an expert in nothing :-)

I have gotten to a place where I'm looking at my first African hunting trip - really interested in plains game + cape buffalo. My hunting experience is all North American (East Coast) deer, turkey, and small game.

I'm looking forward to engaging in converstation.

TJ (Wheelgun6t9)
 
Welcome! Glad to have you here with the rest of us! Where in VA are you located?
 
My wife and I just took our first African Plains Game Safari the last two weeks of August 2025. It turned into the most productive and fabulous vacation we have ever taken. The Professional Hunter was Dirk de Bod of Dirk de Bod Safaris Namibia. With a lot of his help, he helped me harvest 5 animals in 5 days with 5 shots. The staff and facilities were great. The meals were all native game that I harvested.
He was recommended to me by James McClelland and Craig Boddington.
Contact Information:
Phone 264811240838
Email dirk@safarisnamibia.com
WhatsApp Dirk De Bod
Good Hunting and Good Luck
That sounds like a great trip! Thanks for the lead - I'll take a look at Dirk de Bod's safari hunts.
 
Thanks for the greeting! I'm just north of Richmond in Henrico County
I went to college at Bridgewater College, have lots of family from northern VA to Richmond, great area to live in! Good luck planning a wonderful experience in Africa!
 
Welcome to AH from a Hokie!
 
My neighbor flies the VT flag every game day! He, his wife, and both kids were Hokies!

I think we have finally found another good coach.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
You're welcome to make contact with us for an unforgettable experience!
www.executivehuntafrica.com
My WhatsApp number +27 824940750
Best regards
Johan
 
Hello everyone!

I just joined this forum but have been doing a lot of reading! There is a WEALTH of knowledge here and lots to learn. I have some experience in metal working, wood working, and light gunsmithing over the last 30 years or so. I'm an expert in nothing :-)

I have gotten to a place where I'm looking at my first African hunting trip - really interested in plains game + cape buffalo. My hunting experience is all North American (East Coast) deer, turkey, and small game.

I'm looking forward to engaging in converstation.

TJ (Wheelgun6t9)
welcome welcome welcome

welcome to contact me and lets start planning to make that dream come true
 
Welcome to AH Wheelgun6t9!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,575
Members
169,375
Latest member
Richmond416
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top