Hello from South Carolina

Bowhunter806

Reaction score
Good Morning and thank you for the add. I am planning my first trip to Africa to hunt Buffalo and Plains Game. I am researching numerous things and look to have the trip hopefully at the end of 2023. Look forward to reading people knowldge and insights. I am sure I will have questions as I go and look forward to the insights of the members. Look forward to many great threads.

Giday Bowhunter806. Welcome to the A H forums where all your questions are sure to be addressed by the experienced and knowlegable.

Hello and welcome!

Good Morning and thank you for the add. I am planning my first trip to Africa to hunt Buffalo and Plains Game. I am researching numerous things and look to have the trip hopefully at the end of 2023. Look forward to reading people knowldge and insights. I am sure I will have questions as I go and look forward to the insights of the members. Look forward to many great threads.

Good morning and welcome. You mentioned you hope to have your hunt at the end of 2023. Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but you probably don't want to book a hunt for November-December timeframe. That's the start of summer in the southern hemisphere (think May-June in South Carolina). Could be really hot and also the rain creates problems Depending on what country you are looking at, May through September are the more typical prime hunting months. Typically beautiful weather. For buffalo, later months are preferred as the leaves have fallen off of more of the trees/bush, helping to improve visibility.

Hello Bowhunter806,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey to hunt Africa.

:S Welcome:

Hello and Welcome @Bowhunter806 !

You have found the absolute best resource for researching and planning your African safari! Enjoy the site and let us know if we can assist in your planning the ultimate African bowhunting safari!

Welcome. Also in SC, Boiling Springs. Have you thought about what country you want to hunt?
Don

Welcome aboard Bowhunter!

Good morning and welcome. You mentioned you hope to have your hunt at the end of 2023. Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but you probably don't want to book a hunt for November-December timeframe. That's the start of summer in the southern hemisphere (think May-June in South Carolina). Could be really hot and also the rain creates problems Depending on what country you are looking at, May through September are the more typical prime hunting months. Typically beautiful weather. For buffalo, later months are preferred as the leaves have fallen off of more of the trees/bush, helping to improve visibility.
That is great information. Thank you for that insight.

Welcome to AH Bowhunter806!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg