Hello from NE Florida

DG Wannabe

AH member
Joined
Aug 6, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
34
Location
NE Florida
Articles
1
Greetings from the First Coast! I joined AH about a month ago and just wanted to officially say “hello.” I have absolutely zero dangerous game experience (hence the screen name) but have long dreamed of hunting DG in Africa. In the meantime, I’m living vicariously through all the African hunting reports on this forum.
Cheers!
 
Welcome to AH DG Wannabe! Glad to have you on the posting side.
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome aboard DG Wannabe, I think you are more like most of us than you realize. While a lot of AH members have taken Dangerous Game, I'm almost willing to bet that most of them / us have not. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Do you have any near term plans for hunting Africa? If so, what and when?
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
DG Wannabe, welcome to the AH forum! Hope you enjoy it?
Make a DG Africa come to reality. You’ll love it!
 
Greetings from the First Coast! I joined AH about a month ago and just wanted to officially say “hello.” I have absolutely zero dangerous game experience (hence the screen name) but have long dreamed of hunting DG in Africa. In the meantime, I’m living vicariously through all the African hunting reports on this forum.
Cheers!
Welcome to the posting side of AH
 
Hello DG Wannabe,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Greetings from the First Coast! I joined AH about a month ago and just wanted to officially say “hello.” I have absolutely zero dangerous game experience (hence the screen name) but have long dreamed of hunting DG in Africa. In the meantime, I’m living vicariously through all the African hunting reports on this forum.
Cheers!

Welcome to AH!
 
Giday DG Wannabe and welcome to the A H forum.
 
Welcome. I, too, am living vicariously on the reports on dangerous game. Plains game will be first for me.
 
Thank you all for the warm welcome! To answer your questions Shootist43, I am a self-taught hunter. Mostly hunted small game and birds in my late teens & 20s. Moved to northeast Florida at 30 and didn’t have the time (3 small children + job) or the resources to hunt much during my 30s. Now I’m deep in my 40s and have been getting into big game hunting over the last several years - mostly local wild hogs and white-tailed deer. I am still a rank amateur but trying to get better.
Hunting rifles include:
- Ruger **NOT**PERMITTED** Scout in 308
- Ruger M77 mk II in 30-06
- Chapuis double in 30-30
I also have one of the last New Haven Winchester model 70s in 375 H&H but I haven’t taken it hunting yet.
I don’t reload but am hoping to learn & start reloading soon.
I don’t have any concrete plans for Africa as of now but am hoping to do plains game in 2023 or 2024 with a subsequent dangerous game hunt soon after.
Thanks again!
 
Welcome to the family and the forum, you are in the right place! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa
 
Welcome to AH, you have picked a great place to start your African DG journey
 
Hello and :S Welcome:
If you are interested in our services please do not hesitate to contact us.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,326
Members
169,525
Latest member
NatashaU03
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top