Hello From Missouri

dobber

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
If you get over to Kansas City area Jack Stack BBQ is outstanding.

am close enough i can hear the screams from world of fun so will check that out
cheers

owenowen

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia
Welcome Shellback87

If you are still looking around at places to hunt and prices please send me a private message , will be glad to help you out.

cheers

Glferman

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
US, Tanzania Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Mexico
Welcome Shellback87. I am Ex navy and have been on 13 safaris in the last three years. PM me. I would be glad to help you learn the ropes. And I like the Burnt Ends sandwich at Gates BBQ in KC!

Shellback87

Reaction score
Hello Shellback87. Were you in the Navy? Where are you in Missouri? I live just over the Kansas line in Overland Park. I've been on two safaris now both of them with African Sky Hunting Safaris in Pretoria South Africa. Would be more than happy to share info with you. There are a lot if details to planning one of these trips and I would have made some mistakes had I not had a few good people to talk with prior to booking. I've hunted both trips in South Africa, wonderful country, and in three different provences while there. The 300 you are building will be great for all plains game. I have used a Ruger model #1 in 300 win mag for all the plains game I've taken from Kudu to Gemsbok. Let me know if I can help you.
I strongly suggest you browse through this forum over the next several months to pick up on issues that could arise before, during and after your trip. A safari makes for a life time of memories but as some would say "one oh s*#t can mess it all up"
There are lots of outfitters over there and some are fly by night. Same with taxidermists. Air travel can be expensive so planning as far in advance as you are is smart!
Best Regards
Charlie
I was in the Navy for 20 years. I live in the small town of Preston, the junction to 54 and 65 Highway.
I'm planning for a plains game hunt in about three years. I may be picking your brain for any information that can help me plan this hunt.
Thanks
Paul

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Paul will be more than happy to help. My brain isn't that big but puck away all you want. I was fortunate enough to have a retired Air Force O6 help me with a lot of questions I had and he even pointed out a lot of stuff I had not considered. Send me a private mail when you want to pick my brain and I will give you my email and cell number.

tarbe

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I smell a Missouri AH GTG brewing. I just got back to Houston from two days on the retirement property in Ozark County.

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)

Velo Dog

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member.
Hunted
Africa 5 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
Welcome Shellback87,

The .300 H&H was designed primarily for Africa.
I took one on my first trip to Africa (Namibia) with a 4x scope/180 grain bullets and it worked perfectly.
There were no eland where I was, and I would have used heavier bullets if there was, or perhaps a larger bore rifle.
But a .300 H&H will certainly put an eland in the stewpot with the right bullet in the right place, like most any big game caliber.
You will be happy with yours no doubt.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam8307762

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?