Hello From Missouri

Welcome Shellback87

If you are still looking around at places to hunt and prices please send me a private message , will be glad to help you out.

cheers
 
Welcome Shellback87. I am Ex navy and have been on 13 safaris in the last three years. PM me. I would be glad to help you learn the ropes. And I like the Burnt Ends sandwich at Gates BBQ in KC!
 
Hello Shellback87. Were you in the Navy? Where are you in Missouri? I live just over the Kansas line in Overland Park. I've been on two safaris now both of them with African Sky Hunting Safaris in Pretoria South Africa. Would be more than happy to share info with you. There are a lot if details to planning one of these trips and I would have made some mistakes had I not had a few good people to talk with prior to booking. I've hunted both trips in South Africa, wonderful country, and in three different provences while there. The 300 you are building will be great for all plains game. I have used a Ruger model #1 in 300 win mag for all the plains game I've taken from Kudu to Gemsbok. Let me know if I can help you.
I strongly suggest you browse through this forum over the next several months to pick up on issues that could arise before, during and after your trip. A safari makes for a life time of memories but as some would say "one oh s*#t can mess it all up"
There are lots of outfitters over there and some are fly by night. Same with taxidermists. Air travel can be expensive so planning as far in advance as you are is smart!
Best Regards
Charlie
I was in the Navy for 20 years. I live in the small town of Preston, the junction to 54 and 65 Highway.
I'm planning for a plains game hunt in about three years. I may be picking your brain for any information that can help me plan this hunt.
Thanks
Paul
 
Paul will be more than happy to help. My brain isn't that big but puck away all you want. I was fortunate enough to have a retired Air Force O6 help me with a lot of questions I had and he even pointed out a lot of stuff I had not considered. Send me a private mail when you want to pick my brain and I will give you my email and cell number.
 
I smell a Missouri AH GTG brewing. I just got back to Houston from two days on the retirement property in Ozark County.
 
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
 
Welcome Shellback87,

The .300 H&H was designed primarily for Africa.
I took one on my first trip to Africa (Namibia) with a 4x scope/180 grain bullets and it worked perfectly.
There were no eland where I was, and I would have used heavier bullets if there was, or perhaps a larger bore rifle.
But a .300 H&H will certainly put an eland in the stewpot with the right bullet in the right place, like most any big game caliber.
You will be happy with yours no doubt.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,788
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top