Hello from Missouri, USA

Stl_commuter

Reaction score
Greetings from Cass County, Missouri, just outside of Kansas City.

I'm a passionate bowhunter (stateside) and rifle hunter (all over) - I hunt a lot of the Central and Western US and just returned from my second safari. I hunted Botswana with Tholo Safaris in 2011 and Harry Claassens Safari in SA a couple weeks ago. Would be willing to recommend either safari - really impressed with both operations. Was fortunate to take several great animals and generally love my time spent on the African continent.

Also a big fan of classic safari books - read most of Capstick, Boddington, Bell, Selous, Ruark, Patterson, etc. I've shot all my African game with a 30-06 in both Remington 700 and Savage 116. Currently working on specs to build a 275 Rigby caliber on a Mauser action. Plan to go back in 2017 for buffalo and lion, so will be also building a 375 before this trip.

I'll post pictures of some of my hunts in the near future, but here's a SA waterbuck I shot a couple weeks ago.
Waterbuck5.jpeg

Appreciate the AH community - learned a lot about safaris by lurking before and after both of my trips.

AO

Welcome to AH Stl_commuter! Nice introduction, glad to have you now with us on the posting side and looking forward to having you share your experiences… Beautiful Waterbuck, congrats!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, and congrats for your waterbuck !

gday stl commuter, welcome to AH , enjoy the site

Welcome to AH Stl_commuter! We would love to hear all the details of your hunts with lots of pics.

welcome to the best site with the best people around!

Welcome to AH.

All the best from Romania!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to a great community!
Congrats on the Waterbuck.

R.

Welcome from the Kansas side of the line commuter. Nice trophy.

Welcome to the forum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross