Hello from Kansas

Abeln

AH veteran
Reaction score
Live just south of KC.

Enjoy hunting of all types. Currently beginning planning stages for a future African hunt, which loosely translates to doing research, checking my current gear against recommended gear, and getting ballpark numbers together to budget for.

Thanks to all that contribute. I've learned alot so far on this site.

I live south of kc as well. Welcome!!

Welcome. Is that a Kansas whitetail in your avatar?

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. I live in KC also. Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH Abeln! You're definitely on the right track...

Enjoy the research.
Welcome.

Welcome to the African addiction . Forrest

Welcome to AH!

Welcome. Is that a Kansas whitetail in your avatar?
Yes it is one of the "backyard deer" I've harvested.
Thank you all. This is a jewel of a sight. Lots more knowledge floating around here than alot of the others.

Welcome to AH I live in KC as do several other members

Welcome sir!

Welcome aboard. I agree with you this site is pretty awesome. The "guys" here are very knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions you may have. My son Art Lambart II lives in metro KC as well. There is a local chapter of SCI in KC if you are into that sort of thing. BTW that is a very nice buck in your avatar, being home grown or a back yard buck as you called him makes me think you hunt your farm or that of a friend. Making sure deer have proper groceries and bedding areas will keep them around for many years to come.

Welcome Abeln,

There are lots of great outfits and helpful folks here who are more than willing to offer advice and assistance. Enjoy your research... (y)

That buck and another of his offspring were taken literally in my backyard. It's about 4 acres that I keep maintained specifically for the animals. A mini reserve so to speak. Right now the regulars out there are another buck in velvet that is a few years too young and a couple does with fawns that stay around. I only take one or two a year. Just right to keep the freezer loaded.

Last edited:
Welcome. You chose the right place. These members are a wealth of information.

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg