Hello from Indiana

gsdog1

AH senior member
Joined
Mar 2, 2023
Messages
64
Reaction score
154
Location
Indiana, between field corn and soybeans
Articles
1
Member of
Lifetime NRA, Lifetime SCI, NWTF, ARRL
Hunted
Lower 48, Alaska, Canada, and Mexico
Greetings all!

I, like others have been perusing the site for a while, and just recently have signed up for my first African Safari with Kwalata. Heading to Mozambique with two other members of AH next September, 2024. And the absolutely unbelievably fine folks at Parkwest Arms have my down payment on what I now refer to as "my" SD-76 Dark Continent rifle. The bug has bitten, hard!

Nothing unique here, as am sure others watched Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom on Sunday evening TV, and said "someday" ...

Cape Buffalo has held my fancy for decades, along with all manner of horned plains game. To date, my game room here has deer family type critters and turkeys. Something about a turkey gobbling eats me alive! Matter of fact, punching my two Gould's tags last year in the Sierra Madre Occidentals in western Chihuahua Mexico, I met a full on no kidding multiple trip rounding out his African 29 grade hunter. Next thing you know I'm a life member of SCI, signed up with an outstanding outfitter with Jaco from Kwalata, and heading to Moz with two AH members. As well as diving in here. All good!

Looking forward to all of this, every last detail!


Matt
 
Giday Matt. Welcome to the A H forums. Congrats on your first Africa hunt booking.
 
:S Welcome:
 
Greetings all!

I, like others have been perusing the site for a while, and just recently have signed up for my first African Safari with Kwalata. Heading to Mozambique with two other members of AH next September, 2024. And the absolutely unbelievably fine folks at Parkwest Arms have my down payment on what I now refer to as "my" SD-76 Dark Continent rifle. The bug has bitten, hard!

Nothing unique here, as am sure others watched Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom on Sunday evening TV, and said "someday" ...

Cape Buffalo has held my fancy for decades, along with all manner of horned plains game. To date, my game room here has deer family type critters and turkeys. Something about a turkey gobbling eats me alive! Matter of fact, punching my two Gould's tags last year in the Sierra Madre Occidentals in western Chihuahua Mexico, I met a full on no kidding multiple trip rounding out his African 29 grade hunter. Next thing you know I'm a life member of SCI, signed up with an outstanding outfitter with Jaco from Kwalata, and heading to Moz with two AH members. As well as diving in here. All good!

Looking forward to all of this, every last detail!


Matt
Welcome to the site! 2024 will be here before you know it!!!
 
Welcome to AH Matt! Nice to have you join us.
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to the posting side! Have fun n your upcoming safari!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome from Hamilton County.
 
Welcome to the site! 2024 will be here before you know it!!!
Hi Aj! Can't say how much I appreciate all the information and "new guy" grade assistance I've gotten from Kwalata in terms of the safari and the outfit.

Thanks to all there!


Matt
 
Hello gsdog1 (Matt),

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You have chosen a safari company with a great reputation.
They will undoubtedly see to it that, you and your friends enjoy a fine safari.

When you have time, I would like to know more about the rifle you are having built.
I’m one of those weirdos that goes hunting as an excuse to own cool rifles.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).
 
Last edited:
Hello gsdog1 (Matt),

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You have chosen a safari company with a great reputation.
They will undoubtedly see to it that, you and your friends enjoy a fine safari.

When you have time, I would like to know more about the rifle you are having built.
I’m one of those weirdos that goes hunting as an excuse to own cool rifles.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).
Hi Velo Dog!

Definitely like minded! Certainly using this first safari as the excuse I always needed (ha!) to build a rifle worthy of the cause, and vice versa. I'll PM details.


Matt
gsdog1
 
Welcome to AH Matt, sounds like you have life by the horns, good on you.
 
I'm one of the guilty party, with AZDAVE, hooking Matt (gsdog1) on Africa. We plan to break him in right with a big buff in the Moz Niassa region!
 
I'm one of the guilty party, with AZDAVE, hooking Matt (gsdog1) on Africa. We plan to break him in right with a big buff in the Moz Niassa region!
And rather THE guilty party Gary due to our Gould's hunt in Mexico! The bow bird from that hunt is the avatar pic I'm using here for now. Replacing with a buff definitely in order.

Gary and Dave have been incredibly helpful and patient tutors and mentors to date for sure. Thanks fellas!


Matt
 
Welcome to AH. 2024 will be here before we know it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,242
Members
169,306
Latest member
darrickhoppe
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top