AH member
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
Lifetime NRA, Lifetime SCI, NWTF, ARRL
Hunted
Lower 48, Alaska, Canada, and Mexico
Greetings all!

I, like others have been perusing the site for a while, and just recently have signed up for my first African Safari with Kwalata. Heading to Mozambique with two other members of AH next September, 2024. And the absolutely unbelievably fine folks at Parkwest Arms have my down payment on what I now refer to as "my" SD-76 Dark Continent rifle. The bug has bitten, hard!

Nothing unique here, as am sure others watched Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom on Sunday evening TV, and said "someday" ...

Cape Buffalo has held my fancy for decades, along with all manner of horned plains game. To date, my game room here has deer family type critters and turkeys. Something about a turkey gobbling eats me alive! Matter of fact, punching my two Gould's tags last year in the Sierra Madre Occidentals in western Chihuahua Mexico, I met a full on no kidding multiple trip rounding out his African 29 grade hunter. Next thing you know I'm a life member of SCI, signed up with an outstanding outfitter with Jaco from Kwalata, and heading to Moz with two AH members. As well as diving in here. All good!

Looking forward to all of this, every last detail!

Matt

Giday Matt. Welcome to the A H forums. Congrats on your first Africa hunt booking.

:S Welcome:

Greetings all!

I, like others have been perusing the site for a while, and just recently have signed up for my first African Safari with Kwalata. Heading to Mozambique with two other members of AH next September, 2024. And the absolutely unbelievably fine folks at Parkwest Arms have my down payment on what I now refer to as "my" SD-76 Dark Continent rifle. The bug has bitten, hard!

Nothing unique here, as am sure others watched Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom on Sunday evening TV, and said "someday" ...

Cape Buffalo has held my fancy for decades, along with all manner of horned plains game. To date, my game room here has deer family type critters and turkeys. Something about a turkey gobbling eats me alive! Matter of fact, punching my two Gould's tags last year in the Sierra Madre Occidentals in western Chihuahua Mexico, I met a full on no kidding multiple trip rounding out his African 29 grade hunter. Next thing you know I'm a life member of SCI, signed up with an outstanding outfitter with Jaco from Kwalata, and heading to Moz with two AH members. As well as diving in here. All good!

Looking forward to all of this, every last detail!

Matt
Welcome to the site! 2024 will be here before you know it!!!

Welcome to AH Matt! Nice to have you join us.

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome to the posting side! Have fun n your upcoming safari!

Welcome to AH!

Hello and welcome!

Welcome from Hamilton County.

Welcome to the site! 2024 will be here before you know it!!!
Hi Aj! Can't say how much I appreciate all the information and "new guy" grade assistance I've gotten from Kwalata in terms of the safari and the outfit.

Thanks to all there!

Matt

Hello gsdog1 (Matt),

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You have chosen a safari company with a great reputation.
They will undoubtedly see to it that, you and your friends enjoy a fine safari.

When you have time, I would like to know more about the rifle you are having built.
I’m one of those weirdos that goes hunting as an excuse to own cool rifles.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).

Last edited:
Hello gsdog1 (Matt),

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

You have chosen a safari company with a great reputation.
They will undoubtedly see to it that, you and your friends enjoy a fine safari.

When you have time, I would like to know more about the rifle you are having built.
I’m one of those weirdos that goes hunting as an excuse to own cool rifles.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).
Hi Velo Dog!

Definitely like minded! Certainly using this first safari as the excuse I always needed (ha!) to build a rifle worthy of the cause, and vice versa. I'll PM details.

Matt
gsdog1

Welcome to AH Matt, sounds like you have life by the horns, good on you.

I'm one of the guilty party, with AZDAVE, hooking Matt (gsdog1) on Africa. We plan to break him in right with a big buff in the Moz Niassa region!

I'm one of the guilty party, with AZDAVE, hooking Matt (gsdog1) on Africa. We plan to break him in right with a big buff in the Moz Niassa region!
And rather THE guilty party Gary due to our Gould's hunt in Mexico! The bow bird from that hunt is the avatar pic I'm using here for now. Replacing with a buff definitely in order.

Gary and Dave have been incredibly helpful and patient tutors and mentors to date for sure. Thanks fellas!

Matt

Welcome to AH. 2024 will be here before we know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.