Hello From Houston!!!

Rcole1310

Reaction score
Hello folks! Wow this is really cool to see a site devoted totally to Africa! I have always dreamed of hunting Africa and I have decided to finally do it for my 40th bday this summer. I hope to find much useful information and opinions on this site! BTW, I am primarily a whitetail hunter and have a lease in Tamualipas, Mexico.

Welcome Rcole1310 hope to see you around on some of these great topics.

Cheers Louis.

Welcome to AH Rcole1310! Glad to hear that you are finally taking the plunge, that sounds like a great Bday present. Keep in mind that the World Cup Soccer is in South Africa this coming summer (winter in SA), so planning ahead is especially important. Where are you thinking about hunting?

Welcome.

SCI's founder C.J. McElroy used to say that he envied no man, except the man going on his first safari.

Bill Quimby

Jerome, I plan to go to RSA. I would love to do a "classic" tented safari like the kind in the old movies. But, I'll have my wife and two daughters along and I don't think that would go over well :) regarding the World Cup. I am hoping to hunt before that. I supposed I should check those dates!

Hi Rcole, and welcome from America's 'left' coast. Glad you joined the forum.

Karibu Bwana...
there cannot be a better birthday gift than an African Safari. You will enjoy it and this is the place to make sure that you plan well and end-up in the right place with the right people. Just don't leave things too late - next year is going to be a traffic jam in SA with the World Cup. Cheers,

Jerome, I plan to go to RSA. I would love to do a "classic" tented safari like the kind in the old movies. But, I'll have my wife and two daughters along and I don't think that would go over well :) regarding the World Cup. I am hoping to hunt before that. I supposed I should check those dates!

The dates on the worldcup soccer is 11 June until 11 July 2010, but keep in mind to take an extra week or two for the rush of the camera and marketing crew before the 11th June and after the 11 Jyly 2010.

Rcole1310, It's really a matter of personal preference, some hunters booked specifically during that time so that they could combine their hunting safaris with some soccer games... some hunters are avoiding that time frame at all costs... I would say that if you do not plan to attend any of the soccer games you will be much better of going to South Africa at another time than the World Cup. As Bushwack said, keep in mind that things will start to get hectic well prior to the start of the World Cup, I would say a good 2 weeks prior... Enjoy your time in South Africa with your family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg