Hello From Houston!!!

Rcole1310

Reaction score
Hello folks! Wow this is really cool to see a site devoted totally to Africa! I have always dreamed of hunting Africa and I have decided to finally do it for my 40th bday this summer. I hope to find much useful information and opinions on this site! BTW, I am primarily a whitetail hunter and have a lease in Tamualipas, Mexico.

LouisB

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
Welcome Rcole1310 hope to see you around on some of these great topics.

Cheers Louis.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH Rcole1310! Glad to hear that you are finally taking the plunge, that sounds like a great Bday present. Keep in mind that the World Cup Soccer is in South Africa this coming summer (winter in SA), so planning ahead is especially important. Where are you thinking about hunting?

billrquimby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
Safari Club International, Lander One Shot Antelope Hunt Past Shooters Club
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Argentina, Spain, Mongolia, New Zealand, Australia
Welcome.

SCI's founder C.J. McElroy used to say that he envied no man, except the man going on his first safari.

Bill Quimby

Rcole1310

Reaction score
Jerome, I plan to go to RSA. I would love to do a "classic" tented safari like the kind in the old movies. But, I'll have my wife and two daughters along and I don't think that would go over well :) regarding the World Cup. I am hoping to hunt before that. I supposed I should check those dates!

Big5

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Life member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Russia
Hi Rcole, and welcome from America's 'left' coast. Glad you joined the forum.

Shallom

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Tanzania, Germany, Austria, USA
Karibu Bwana...
there cannot be a better birthday gift than an African Safari. You will enjoy it and this is the place to make sure that you plan well and end-up in the right place with the right people. Just don't leave things too late - next year is going to be a traffic jam in SA with the World Cup. Cheers,

Patrick R

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Jerome, I plan to go to RSA. I would love to do a "classic" tented safari like the kind in the old movies. But, I'll have my wife and two daughters along and I don't think that would go over well :) regarding the World Cup. I am hoping to hunt before that. I supposed I should check those dates!

The dates on the worldcup soccer is 11 June until 11 July 2010, but keep in mind to take an extra week or two for the rush of the camera and marketing crew before the 11th June and after the 11 Jyly 2010.

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Rcole1310, It's really a matter of personal preference, some hunters booked specifically during that time so that they could combine their hunting safaris with some soccer games... some hunters are avoiding that time frame at all costs... I would say that if you do not plan to attend any of the soccer games you will be much better of going to South Africa at another time than the World Cup. As Bushwack said, keep in mind that things will start to get hectic well prior to the start of the World Cup, I would say a good 2 weeks prior... Enjoy your time in South Africa with your family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouisEchev

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J