Hello from E Washington

Gunner4blue

New member
Joined
Aug 4, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
11
Location
Spokane, Wa
New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!
 
Man sounds like a great trip planned. Good luck! you'll love it. Grew up in Elk by the way.
 
:S Welcome: From Kennewick

What outfit are you hunting with?
 
I like your plan and look forward to your report. Welcome to the site!
 
Colville saying hi
 
Welcome! I lived at Fairchild AFB and did a lot of shooting at a rifle range right along the Spokane River. Also spent a fair amount of time at Twin Lakes. Great part of the US.

Sounds like your trip to Africa will be a good one. Looking forward to reading your report.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Good luck from the tieton area , elk area has great turkey hunting
 
New member here, but I have been gleaning info off this forum for a while. I'm an avid shooter and big game hunter, though recent years I have been mainly persuing upland birds. I'll be travelling to Africa -SA for the first time, this fall, staying 2weeks. Something I've wanted to do since I picked up a P H Capstick book in '76. I'll be hunting Plains game, hoping for a good Kudu and zebra, along with impala and a couple others. The following week I'm after Buffalo.

I have a mod 70 featherweight in.30-06 W/ a 3x9 Zeiss, using 180gr Hdy interlocks over 57gr H4350 that gives me excellent accuracy. For Buffalo I have a Whitworth .375H&H topped with a VXIII 1.5x5 Leopold that shoots very well with 300gr Hdy DGS and DGX over 69.5gr RL15 at same point of aim. Shooting
practice weekly, various position & sticks, dry fire at game pics daily.

I am super excited about this trip & read so much info on prep on this site. So thanks to all you experienced African hunters. I'll give a report when I get back in October. Throw any advice this way and Wish me luck!
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome from N Idaho, right across the river.
 
Welcome to AH Gunner4blue! looking forward to your hunt report.
 
Welcome to AH! Have a great hunting adventure in Africa.
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to you! Sit back, enjoy, learn and participate.
 
Welcome to another Whitworth owner from the west ( wet ) side of WA.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,619
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top