Hello from Bwana Moja. Africa is NOT "The Dark Continent"

I knew this guy made a few Africa hunting videos but had absolutely no idea about him otherwise.

Here is what I found via Google searched for Marc Watts, aka Bwana Moja;

http://marcwatts.com/ Marc has talent! I had no idea…

https://aalftc.org/our-team You have to scowl down the page to find Marc

https://heavy.com/news/2017/12/marc-watts-nfl-network-jami-cantor-lawsuit/ I don’t know if this is all true…

https://www.youtube.com/c/MarcLWatts/videos Marc’s YouTube videos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Watts_(journalist) A Wikipedia page on Marc

https://safariclub.org/mamba-hatari-dangerous-crocodile/
So basicially he is the new version of Dan Rather.

His "news" organization got shut down after they reported unsubstaniated, false claims of sexual abuse and murder against a dude....who was innocent.

No wonder he ran away to Africa....

Last edited:
Is he British? I think he is from Minneapolis.
I checked one of his training videos and he doesn't sound the least bit British.
The guy has talent in media.

Is he British? I think he is from Minneapolis.
I checked one of his training videos and he doesn't sound the least bit British.
The guy has talent in media.
I guess the story was about a British dude

I stand corrected

And edited my comment

Hunters are a pretty conservative group, politically. Perhaps @Mark A Ouellette has a point.....Bwana moja just wanted to rattle our cages. He did that. Wanna get a response here? Say you hate the 7x57 and the 375HH, or give some "Woke" advice. Maybe Bwana Moja is really Bwana Chambo, but we should still welcome him..............FWB

Haven't heard anything on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC or the other media but there's a move afoot by the fever trees in Africa getting together to protest this unfair and untrue moniker. Getting blamed for those afflicted with malaria is right up there with the "Dark Continent" misnomer and it has to stop.

Now, I’m starting to get worried when I’ll start getting labelled as a racist because I call my African Safari outfitters “White Hunters”.

Here’s a good one that will ruffle some feathers.
38CB61F1-84F3-4217-B0EE-96D8877F0486.jpeg
715B9A9D-2FBA-44E7-AE51-81F2C6C14CB9.jpeg
32986FED-0241-4C2B-935C-F9B7A1CEE666.jpeg
D2A78EA9-5CE2-4361-8CF9-62EBCA0EC4AD.jpeg
9033D1C5-37ED-4123-A83B-E806BE68A523.jpeg

White Hunters guiding Brown Hunter for Black Death in the Dark Continent. Said Brown Hunter now dreams of hunting a White Rhino and a Black Rhino.

Last edited:
@Hunter-Habib - "White hunter" allegedly came from the necessity to distinguish turn-of-the-century hunting legend Alan Black (who was white) from a skilled Somali hunter also in the employ of Lord Delamere. Hence, instead of calling them by name--since it could have been confusing due to Black's last name--they started referring to Black as "the white hunter."

By the way, "black" and "white" are not necessarily employed in a derogatory manner, except in the socially-hypochondriac mind of some. My rule: live your life respecting others, and outside of that ignore, ignore, ignore.

@Hunter-Habib - "White hunter" allegedly came from the necessity to distinguish turn-of-the-century hunting legend Alan Black (who was white) from a skilled Somali hunter also in the employ of Lord Delamere. Hence, instead of calling them by name--since it could have been confusing due to Black's last name--they started referring to Black as "the white hunter."

By the way, "black" and "white" are not necessarily employed in a derogatory manner, except in the socially-hypochondriac mind of some. My rule: live your life respecting others, and outside of that ignore, ignore, ignore.
I know, Tom ! I was just having a good laugh at this whole farce. None of this politically correct social justice stuff even remotely interests me!

What's next? Rename "White Gravy" ? Or "Black & Blue" steaks? Or H.P's "Brown Sauce"?

Next time, I take my kids and grandkids to a fried chicken joint, I'll be sure to tell them "Don't discriminate between dark meat and white meat, kids. It's racist!".

My life's motto is this: Racism exists only in the mind of a racist. They will find a negative interpretation in everything.

Last edited:
You know actually what triggered me if I’m allowed to go woke for a minute on the premise of the OP?

The OP and how he “identifies”. We lost this battle for fact 50 years ago in the States and it is reproducing itself in its recent recasting as “identifies as a woman” position today. The original author A.) Identifies as black, and B.) is offended by the term “Dark Continent”, C.) Thinks A+B gives standing to complain about the term.

The notion of calling African-Americans “Black” is a fiction created in the late 1960s and 1970s as they did not like their identity as mixed race fellow Americans. MalcolmX and the other Black Power movement leaders started ascribing the term “Black” to African-Americans and created fictitious black holidays, fictitious black names, and used this distinction to attach to Africa as a means to self-segregation from their mixed-race whiteness, Native American, and Caribbean DNA.

Today, “Colored” is deemed a pejorative, racist term in the United States, even though many of the readers are indeed just that, of mixed ancestry and if American, wholly unhyphenated fellow Americans. But to be offended by a comment about the Dark Continent speaking on behalf of Black people? Sorry, the author isn’t even in that ethnic group in spite of how he identifies and no matter how much marketing of the term has been pushed since the late 1960s. The first person that would correct that notion would be a black in Africa that does not see any American as Black, we’re all just mixed-race foreigners that will never be in their tribes.

So the entire construct of A.) Author’s perceived self identity, B.) The status of his identity gives him grounds to be offended, C.) Is offended by a term unrelated to race anyway, all of it is on a foundation of sand.

I didn’t know who this fella was when I read his opening post. I just knew he came across as a first rate A-hole. After researching a little and watching some of his productions, I realized that this has got to be the most narcissistic, egotistical, bloviated SOB I have ever come across. CNN reporter, talent developer, world class big game hunter. What a piece. In the words of that most famous of American philosophers, Shania Twain,………,

“That don’t impress me much”

$100 says he never killed a mess of squirrels in the back woods, or set a block of decoys on public water that he scouted himself, and killed a limit of ducks. Guaranteed

Not to step on any toes, and I love to hunt Africa as much as the next guy, but it’s real easy to kill all the animals in Africa you want. Just keep paying and keep hunting. In hunting areas, there are damn animals everywhere. I’ve been there a bunch. Dude wouldn’t know what it was like to camp in public land out west and go a week unguided without seeing an elk, in elk country.
The lovely Shania Twain:love: is Canadian.

You know actually what triggered me if I’m allowed to go woke for a minute on the premise of the OP?

The OP and how he “identifies”. We lost this battle for fact 50 years ago in the States and it is reproducing itself in its recent recasting as “identifies as a woman” position today. The original author A.) Identifies as black, and B.) is offended by the term “Dark Continent”, C.) Thinks A+B gives standing to complain about the term.

The notion of calling African-Americans “Black” is a fiction created in the late 1960s and 1970s as they did not like their identity as mixed race fellow Americans. MalcolmX and the other Black Power movement leaders started ascribing the term “Black” to African-Americans and created fictitious black holidays, fictitious black names, and used this distinction to attach to Africa as a means to self-segregation from their mixed-race whiteness, Native American, and Caribbean DNA.

Today, “Colored” is deemed a pejorative, racist term in the United States, even though many of the readers are indeed just that, of mixed ancestry and if American, wholly unhyphenated fellow Americans. But to be offended by a comment about the Dark Continent speaking on behalf of Black people? Sorry, the author isn’t even in that ethnic group in spite of how he identifies and no matter how much marketing of the term has been pushed since the late 1960s. The first person that would correct that notion would be a black in Africa that does not see any American as Black, we’re all just mixed-race foreigners that will never be in their tribes.

So the entire construct of A.) Author’s perceived self identity, B.) The status of his identity gives him grounds to be offended, C.) Is offended by a term unrelated to race anyway, all of it is on a foundation of sand.
And yet he himself uses the term Dark Continent in his own self promotion

#HugeHypocrite

Last edited:
At this point this all seems a bit like:

At this point this all seems a bit like:

His pal Nelson Mandela says we need to keep making fun of his woke condescending a** a little more.

People are free to stop reading the thread any time they get bored with it ‍

Last edited:
Assuming I gave a rats ass about any of the woke, racist, rewrite history nonsense (and I don't) I'd filter it thru "Blazing Saddles" to see if I or anyone else should be offended. Just saying.

I mean, it’s not like we’re piling on. He hasn’t even seen it. For our entertainment purposes only.

I mean, it’s not like we’re piling on. He hasn’t even seen it. For our entertainment purposes only.
Of course not. It’s not like he is gonna read all our comments.

He doesn’t care what we think or have to say.

He only cares for us to see what he wants us to know

The American Association of Bears is petitioning federal, state and local governments to end the categorizing of bears as black or brown. They instead prefer to be called bears "of color".
Polar bears haven't weighed in on the issue just yet and the grizzlies are still on the fence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A Rosenth

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you