Hello from Australia

MauserM03Blog

AH veteran
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
123
Reaction score
256
Website
www.mauserm03blog.blogspot.com
Hello everyone. I'm Rick, from Australia. I've been hunting our feral pests (rabbits, foxes, pigs, deer) for almost 40 years. Along with this I've been blogging about the Mauser M03 system for a few years. My wife and I retired a few years ago and decided a big adventure was called for, so we ordered a new-build yacht (just before Covid started - timing!), then learned to sail in France and the UK. That was amazing but like all good adventures we brought it to an end before being worn out by it. I'm now diving back into hunting and have joined the forum to participate in general, to plan to visit Africa, but also to ask for some details on the Mauser M98 Magnum and Rigby Big Game rifles in particular. Please look for my new posts on this and chime in if you can help. Thanks. :)
 
Welcome to AH, great choice to join and start planning.
 
Welcome, Rick!! Happy New Year!!
 
Hello everyone. I'm Rick, from Australia. I've been hunting our feral pests (rabbits, foxes, pigs, deer) for almost 40 years. Along with this I've been blogging about the Mauser M03 system for a few years. My wife and I retired a few years ago and decided a big adventure was called for, so we ordered a new-build yacht (just before Covid started - timing!), then learned to sail in France and the UK. That was amazing but like all good adventures we brought it to an end before being worn out by it. I'm now diving back into hunting and have joined the forum to participate in general, to plan to visit Africa, but also to ask for some details on the Mauser M98 Magnum and Rigby Big Game rifles in particular. Please look for my new posts on this and chime in if you can help. Thanks. :)
Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum from small-town Idaho! I can't help you with the rifle talk but I am excited to see that you are planning a trip to Africa. I went a few years back and it literally changed my life....so now I want EVERYONE to go and fall in love with Africa like it did.

I have to say your other adventure is also a dream of mine. I LOVE the water and would love to travel around in a yacht...but that is one dream that will never happen. My husband is not a water person. He likes sitting beside it but he has no desire to be in it like I do. We met in Alaska so at the time, that difference in us didn't matter too much! LOL.

We also plan on traveling to Australia. That is on our bucket list...but for now I just can't get enough of my addiction to Africa. We have been there 3 times now.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and Happy New Year!
 
Hello MauserM03Blog / Rick,

Khomas Highland Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog / Paul.
 
Welcome RIck
 
Welcome to AH Rick. There is nothing like planning a hunting safari including investigating the rifle, the clothing and everything else to pique every sense. I made a visit to Rigby to look into the Big Bores, they are truly beautiful, and you can go basic or add what you want.
 
:S Welcome:
 
G'day from Australia
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to AH. There are more than a few Aussie members who I’m sure will be chiming in if they haven’t already.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,412
Members
169,354
Latest member
MarionMcCl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top