Hello everyone

Welcome to AH Roatmtn.
9,3 x 62 is my favorite caliber.
I am always thrilled to meet other people who love the 9.3 x 62 Mauser. With 286 gr Barnes XBT and 58 gr of Big Game powder, I am getting 2500 fps +/-. This is in the same level as the .375 H&H magnum. I love my 9.3 so much I put a custom stock on the rifle. Beautiful! Shoots 1/2" to 3/4" (inches) groups depending on bullet style and maker. The 66 gr Big Game Powder load comes from John Barsness. He is the well known gun writer for Handloader and Rifle Magazines. This load works!
 
Last edited:
Happy to have you aboard Roatmtn! Looking forward to your input.

it sounds like you’ve had a couple of successful hunts. It never to late to tell your stories. ;)
 
Happy to have you aboard Roatmtn! Looking forward to your input.

it sounds like you’ve had a couple of successful hunts. It never to late to tell your stories. ;)
Thanks for the compliment! I have been a outdoorsman all of my life in North East Tennessee. Trout fishing, deer hunting, and especially hunting the numerous ground hogs. They grow really big here in East Tennessee and are known for their savage attitude(ha). Going to to the rifle range and shooting the targets with the .270 Win and 9.3 x 62 is especially enjoyed as I imagine I am getting ready to pull the 9.3 trigger on another cape buffalo.
 
Giday Roatmtn and welcome to the A H forums
 
Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
welcome welcome welcome
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,250
Messages
1,570,750
Members
169,150
Latest member
NevaElwell
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top