Hello everyone

Welcome to AH Roatmtn.
9,3 x 62 is my favorite caliber.
I am always thrilled to meet other people who love the 9.3 x 62 Mauser. With 286 gr Barnes XBT and 58 gr of Big Game powder, I am getting 2500 fps +/-. This is in the same level as the .375 H&H magnum. I love my 9.3 so much I put a custom stock on the rifle. Beautiful! Shoots 1/2" to 3/4" (inches) groups depending on bullet style and maker. The 66 gr Big Game Powder load comes from John Barsness. He is the well known gun writer for Handloader and Rifle Magazines. This load works!

Last edited:
Happy to have you aboard Roatmtn! Looking forward to your input.

it sounds like you’ve had a couple of successful hunts. It never to late to tell your stories. ;)

Happy to have you aboard Roatmtn! Looking forward to your input.

it sounds like you’ve had a couple of successful hunts. It never to late to tell your stories. ;)
Thanks for the compliment! I have been a outdoorsman all of my life in North East Tennessee. Trout fishing, deer hunting, and especially hunting the numerous ground hogs. They grow really big here in East Tennessee and are known for their savage attitude(ha). Going to to the rifle range and shooting the targets with the .270 Win and 9.3 x 62 is especially enjoyed as I imagine I am getting ready to pull the 9.3 trigger on another cape buffalo.

Giday Roatmtn and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH! Have fun planning! Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to AH!

welcome welcome welcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg