Happiness is picking up a crate of trophies........

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Nice trophies, but I still covet that fireplace

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Agree with Red Leg, a gorgeous fire place that emphasizes your trophies even more! Wow, what a room!!!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Nice trophies, but I still covet that fireplace

@Red Leg Good thing there are only 10 Commandments or you might have some explaining to do........
I think "thou shall not covet thy fellow hunter's fireplace" was number 11 or 12.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Very nice Dave! What a splendid room! Only thing it is missing is @tarbe @me and @Macallen18!
A little longer drive than meeting at "Taste of Texas" but we can put together a plan.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Beautiful trophy room! I agree with @tarbe there are some bare spots!;););)

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
I think I see some bare spots, lol!

Very nice Dave!

Scaffolding and/or scissor lift will be required to safely reach the upper tier. I've maxed out what I can do with a 10 ft step ladder. I'll have a red stag to add towards the end of this year and who knows what the future will bring. I'm going to be pretty selective.

Bhfs300

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA Canada South Africa New Zealand
You might have to move the Eland to a new place and put the Red Stag in its place:)

Tom

Ridge Runner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa
Nice trophy room. I like that vaulted ceiling adds plenty of room for the Long Horn/big antlered animals.

Know what you mean about picking up your crate, I picked up my 2018 trophies from Coppersmith last week.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
You might have to move the Eland to a new place and put the Red Stag in its place:)

Tom

@Bhfs300 , Tom........I'm actually keeping the wall over the fireplace as an "African Wall." If I ever get a Cape Buffalo, I plan to move the Eland up higher and the buff will go in it's place.

The plan for the Red Stag is to go on the opposite end of the room from the fireplace, the "TV Wall" or currently the "North American Wall. The spot currently reserved for the NZ Red Stag is marked with the red "X".

upload_2019-7-28_17-33-7.png

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
The pic of the Corona and the drill made me feel like I was there and enjoying the excitement. I know what you mean about the screws. My Zim crate was so well put together it took nearly an hour to take it apart!
I am rolling the dice with a couple African taxidermists. I’m just tired of waiting 18 months on everything after a year in some cases of getting skins back. Your trophy room is really looking nice. I like the pair of bushbuck and warthogs!
Philip

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Scaffolding and/or scissor lift will be required to safely reach the upper tier. I've maxed out what I can do with a 10 ft step ladder. I'll have a red stag to add towards the end of this year and who knows what the future will bring. I'm going to be pretty selective.
I have really high ceilings in my trophy room/guest lodge so I have to rent a scissor lift to do most things. I’ve found the smaller ones are very inexpensive to rent here. It’s a pain to move furniture etc but I just plan to do it once a year. In between times of mounts come in they just have to sit on the floor a while

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Hunted
I have really high ceilings in my trophy room/guest lodge so I have to rent a scissor lift to do most things. I’ve found the smaller ones are very inexpensive to rent here. It’s a pain to move furniture etc but I just plan to do it once a year. In between times of mounts come in they just have to sit on the floor a while

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Looks great! Beautiful trophy room. Congratulations

kevin masters

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
us mexico alaska south africa
Awesome room full of awesome trophies! And that fireplace is the cherry on top!:D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wousechptox

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?