Happiness is picking up a crate of trophies........

Nice trophies, but I still covet that fireplace

Agree with Red Leg, a gorgeous fire place that emphasizes your trophies even more! Wow, what a room!!!

Nice trophies, but I still covet that fireplace

@Red Leg Good thing there are only 10 Commandments or you might have some explaining to do........
I think "thou shall not covet thy fellow hunter's fireplace" was number 11 or 12.

Very nice Dave! What a splendid room! Only thing it is missing is @tarbe @me and @Macallen18!
A little longer drive than meeting at "Taste of Texas" but we can put together a plan.

Beautiful trophy room! I agree with @tarbe there are some bare spots!;););)

I think I see some bare spots, lol!

Very nice Dave!

Scaffolding and/or scissor lift will be required to safely reach the upper tier. I've maxed out what I can do with a 10 ft step ladder. I'll have a red stag to add towards the end of this year and who knows what the future will bring. I'm going to be pretty selective.

You might have to move the Eland to a new place and put the Red Stag in its place:)

Tom

Nice trophy room. I like that vaulted ceiling adds plenty of room for the Long Horn/big antlered animals.

Know what you mean about picking up your crate, I picked up my 2018 trophies from Coppersmith last week.

You might have to move the Eland to a new place and put the Red Stag in its place:)

Tom

@Bhfs300 , Tom........I'm actually keeping the wall over the fireplace as an "African Wall." If I ever get a Cape Buffalo, I plan to move the Eland up higher and the buff will go in it's place.

The plan for the Red Stag is to go on the opposite end of the room from the fireplace, the "TV Wall" or currently the "North American Wall. The spot currently reserved for the NZ Red Stag is marked with the red "X".

upload_2019-7-28_17-33-7.png

The pic of the Corona and the drill made me feel like I was there and enjoying the excitement. I know what you mean about the screws. My Zim crate was so well put together it took nearly an hour to take it apart!
I am rolling the dice with a couple African taxidermists. I’m just tired of waiting 18 months on everything after a year in some cases of getting skins back. Your trophy room is really looking nice. I like the pair of bushbuck and warthogs!
Philip

Scaffolding and/or scissor lift will be required to safely reach the upper tier. I've maxed out what I can do with a 10 ft step ladder. I'll have a red stag to add towards the end of this year and who knows what the future will bring. I'm going to be pretty selective.
I have really high ceilings in my trophy room/guest lodge so I have to rent a scissor lift to do most things. I’ve found the smaller ones are very inexpensive to rent here. It’s a pain to move furniture etc but I just plan to do it once a year. In between times of mounts come in they just have to sit on the floor a while

I have really high ceilings in my trophy room/guest lodge so I have to rent a scissor lift to do most things. I’ve found the smaller ones are very inexpensive to rent here. It’s a pain to move furniture etc but I just plan to do it once a year. In between times of mounts come in they just have to sit on the floor a while

Looks great! Beautiful trophy room. Congratulations

Awesome room full of awesome trophies! And that fireplace is the cherry on top!:D Beers:

@375 Ruger Fan Dave, the eland above the fireplace was done here? If so, I'm interested to know who? I'm way down in Mandeville, but traveling for good taxidermy is not a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg