Handgun Hunting

wastednights

Reaction score
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, SSAA Hunting & Conservation Branch, Australian Deer Association
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right area, but I'm curious to know if handgun hunting is available in the world anywhere?

It's not something that we can do in Australia, it is illegal here

Handgun hunting is allowed in the U.S. for various species. Hunting is regulated by the individual states so I can't say all states allow it as I don't keep track of hunting in the entire country.

As for other countries I cannot say.

I live in Maine, (United States) and it is legal here.
In Africa I know you can use handgun in South Africa and in Zimbabwe.
There are limitations to which handguns. We conducted a cape buffalo hunt with a 45-70 Contender handgun in Zimbabwe last September but he was not allowed to bring his .500 S&W revolver along on this hunt.

I live in Pennsylvania (USA) and it is legal here as well. My dad actually has handgun hunted here in PA several times with a .357 mag and .44 Mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BillK

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.