Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I was asked to build this for a client. The shield and base is mahogany, the spears are cold steel. Note: the blade guards are on the spear tips.
IMG_7630.jpeg
IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7627.jpeg
IMG_7625.jpeg
IMG_7568.jpeg
IMG_7566.jpeg
IMG_7565.jpeg
IMG_7564.jpeg
IMG_7525.jpeg

You just made me want something like that

Looks great!

A lion head might look nice on it (or the skin draped over it?) I can just see the Massai singing surf songs when they saw it!! :p
1716557351185.png

Made something very similar for my gemsbok but using bar wood and walnut. And yes you do need those blade guards or the spears will slice you open!

That is a beautiful shield, well done brother!

I'm curious on what you charge for something like this and how you would suggest getting it to me in Michigan? Please feel free to reply with pm.
I was asked to build this for a client. The shield and base is mahogany, the spears are cold steel. Note: the blade guards are on the spear tip

I'm curious on what you charge for something like this and how you would suggest getting it to me in Michigan? Please feel free to reply with pm.

Or feel free to just post a price on this thread if you'd like and are making others. That's a sweet piece, well done @ gizmo...!!!

I would love to see posted prices if @gizmo builds these for people not just current clients. Magnificent!!!!!

Good work!

looks good.

please dont set a block plane down on its blade like that, good woodworker always sets a hand plane down on its side. i use that as a test for guys who tell me they are awesome, and anyone who sets a plane down like that usually ends up emptying the dust collector and sweeping the floors (and they struggle with that)

looks good.

please dont set a block plane down on its blade like that, good woodworker always sets a hand plane down on its side. i use that as a test for guys who tell me they are awesome, and anyone who sets a plane down like that usually ends up emptying the dust collector and sweeping the floors (and they struggle with that)
Valid point but…. Its a cheap one if that makes you feel better.

I would love to see posted prices if @gizmo builds these for people not just current clients. Magnificent!!!!!
Thank you I very much appreciate that you love it. I do a very limited number of these a year but will do them for folks who aren’t current customers as long as I have time. Right now due to the amount of taxidermy and bases I need to build I am about 12-14 months out on building one of these for someone. I have to take care of my clients that are currently in line to have their work done first. I take a 50% deposit and balance is due when the piece is finished. If you are good with that I’d be glad to pm you and we can work something out. I’m just not in a position to crank a bunch of these out right now. Each one I do is custom and I build them myself. I can do them either for a floor piece like this or for the wall. I can also build them to hold large animals or med to small animals such as this one.

Thank you I very much appreciate that you love it. I do a very limited number of these a year but will do them for folks who aren’t current customers as long as I have time. Right now due to the amount of taxidermy and bases I need to build I am about 12-14 months out on building one of these for someone. I have to take care of my clients that are currently in line to have their work done first. I take a 50% deposit and balance is due when the piece is finished. If you are good with that I’d be glad to pm you and we can work something out. I’m just not in a position to crank a bunch of these out right now. Each one I do is custom and I build them myself. I can do them either for a floor piece like this or for the wall. I can also build them to hold large animals or med to small animals such as this one.
Happy Belated Birthday … we might need to look at trying to do a floor version of this to hold a couple shoulders or euros that you’ve done. Enjoy celebrating and feel free to reach out when you’re getting closer to finishing the current batch of mounts so we can chat on costs.

Just an FYI looks like a crate is about to leave Africa and head your way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn88ynet

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!