H&H .700 NE and how it came to be

Reaction score
I expected someone else to have posted about this and maybe they did and I missed it? In this year’s July issue of American Rifleman there is an article about a Beverly Hills Business man named William Feldstein. He wanted an custom .600 NE and some other rifles made, however H&H had committed to their customers to never build another .600.

The article goes on to say Feldstein had to have some satisfaction and suggested they build him a .700 instead. Eventually the Board agreed if William found the talented research companies and paid for the R&D they would build the rifles.

It was an interesting article that I am hoping someone can provide additional content in this thread. I looked on the internet a bit and didn’t find much information about the gun or Mr. Feldstein.

Please help with any more information the Forum may have.

Bill also had John Rigby & Co. (during the Paul Roberts era) build him a Rising Bite double rifle in .600 Nitro Express in 1990. This was coincidentally the first .600 Nitro Express that Rigby ever built. Hardcore double rifle enthusiast, Bill is.

The first .700 Nitro Express ammunition was loaded by Jim Bell with 1000Gr round nosed steel jacketed Woodleigh FMJ solids & soft points at 2000fps.

I think, till end of last year Holland and Holland built less then 20, 700 NE - rifles.
Exotics.

I expected someone else to have posted about this and maybe they did and I missed it? In this year’s July issue of American Rifleman there is an article about a Beverly Hills Business man named William Feldstein. He wanted an custom .600 NE and some other rifles made, however H&H had committed to their customers to never build another .600.

The article goes on to say Feldstein had to have some satisfaction and suggested they build him a .700 instead. Eventually the Board agreed if William found the talented research companies and paid for the R&D they would build the rifles.

It was an interesting article that I am hoping someone can provide additional content in this thread. I looked on the internet a bit and didn’t find much information about the gun or Mr. Feldstein.

Please help with any more information the Forum may have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.