Guy Whittall mauled by Leopard

Get well soon! Thoughts and prayers to all involved including the hound. Leopard hunting on bait or with hounds is never totally risk free. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.
 
So scary! I hope all is better soon.
 
ChiKara had better get more than a little chicken for dinner after that action.
Glad both dog and master are on the mend.
Get better soon.

The community sure came together to help out.

Nice to see the media coverage getting the warning out to all those “trekkers” walking their dogs In the area, never mind Cricket and Crocs. LOL
 
Ouch! My sympathy and get well soon. Sounds like you are in good hands. I was mauled decades ago and personally know the scars and pain are not worth the fame gain. Wounded leopard always try to get even and are equal opportunity maulers. Get well soon
 
Mr. Myles, you are an amazing individual, and have hunted some wonderful places. Maybe on another post, you could share that experience.
 
Heres to both a speedy recovery.

DM article had some interesting spelling mistakes. “Under her bed”!
Dont bother reading the comments it’s just full of hate.
 
438720795_10232975587911867_701255812600492616_n.jpg
 
Wild story, I have researched the Save the last year or so. Phillip Smythe died from an elephant attack. It’s sad, but it does show just how wild and dangerous Africa can be. I’m not discouraged from hunting there. I am developing a new respect for the fauna.

I was always just worried about the poisonous snakes initially lol. Much more to be worried about than the creepy-crawlies.
 
Wild story, I have researched the Save the last year or so. Phillip Smythe died from an elephant attack. It’s sad, but it does show just how wild and dangerous Africa can be. I’m not discouraged from hunting there. I am developing a new respect for the fauna.

I was always just worried about the poisonous snakes initially lol. Much more to be worried about than the creepy-crawlies.
Had a villiager killed by elephant when I was there last August. Truly still a wild place.

Hope Guy gets well soon.
 
I was the first to arrive on the site with My PH and friend Wayne Grant. Afther they shot the leopard and Whittle was coming out of the Forest full of blood.
we Hunted next door to senuko3
Me and Wayne cleaned and bandaged the wounded and his ph took him to hospital.
I exchanged messages with him during his days într-o the hospital
He will be ok
Kind regards
Dr Mihai Daniel
 
Dr Mihai, thanks for posting. Happy to hear he will be ok. Please post the details of your hunt. And show your bulls. And especially that beautiful double rifle of yours.
 
Prayers for Guy’s recovery. Awesome PH and gentleman. My Zim PH sent me photos and news of attack shortly after event as we had hunted Arda a few years ago and had the opportunity to have sundowners with Guy at Humani in the Save during our hunt. In the pics, Guy was so buggered up I thought it was originally my PH that had been attacked since the report/post was first person. The wounds looked serious and not what I would consider trivial at all. But I guess when you survive and walk away from a leopard attack, these Zim PH’s are so tough and matter of fact they will minimize their injuries. Glad Guy and dog doing well. Thanks for all the updates from the AH community.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,048
Members
169,691
Latest member
lilasemo1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top