Guy Whittall mauled by Leopard

Get well soon! Thoughts and prayers to all involved including the hound. Leopard hunting on bait or with hounds is never totally risk free. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

So scary! I hope all is better soon.

ChiKara had better get more than a little chicken for dinner after that action.
Glad both dog and master are on the mend.
Get better soon.

The community sure came together to help out.

Nice to see the media coverage getting the warning out to all those “trekkers” walking their dogs In the area, never mind Cricket and Crocs. LOL

Ouch! My sympathy and get well soon. Sounds like you are in good hands. I was mauled decades ago and personally know the scars and pain are not worth the fame gain. Wounded leopard always try to get even and are equal opportunity maulers. Get well soon

Mr. Myles, you are an amazing individual, and have hunted some wonderful places. Maybe on another post, you could share that experience.

Heres to both a speedy recovery.

DM article had some interesting spelling mistakes. “Under her bed”!
Dont bother reading the comments it’s just full of hate.

438720795_10232975587911867_701255812600492616_n.jpg

Wild story, I have researched the Save the last year or so. Phillip Smythe died from an elephant attack. It’s sad, but it does show just how wild and dangerous Africa can be. I’m not discouraged from hunting there. I am developing a new respect for the fauna.

I was always just worried about the poisonous snakes initially lol. Much more to be worried about than the creepy-crawlies.

Wild story, I have researched the Save the last year or so. Phillip Smythe died from an elephant attack. It’s sad, but it does show just how wild and dangerous Africa can be. I’m not discouraged from hunting there. I am developing a new respect for the fauna.

I was always just worried about the poisonous snakes initially lol. Much more to be worried about than the creepy-crawlies.
Had a villiager killed by elephant when I was there last August. Truly still a wild place.

Hope Guy gets well soon.

I was the first to arrive on the site with My PH and friend Wayne Grant. Afther they shot the leopard and Whittle was coming out of the Forest full of blood.
we Hunted next door to senuko3
Me and Wayne cleaned and bandaged the wounded and his ph took him to hospital.
I exchanged messages with him during his days într-o the hospital
He will be ok
Kind regards
Dr Mihai Daniel

Dr Mihai, thanks for posting. Happy to hear he will be ok. Please post the details of your hunt. And show your bulls. And especially that beautiful double rifle of yours.

Prayers for Guy’s recovery. Awesome PH and gentleman. My Zim PH sent me photos and news of attack shortly after event as we had hunted Arda a few years ago and had the opportunity to have sundowners with Guy at Humani in the Save during our hunt. In the pics, Guy was so buggered up I thought it was originally my PH that had been attacked since the report/post was first person. The wounds looked serious and not what I would consider trivial at all. But I guess when you survive and walk away from a leopard attack, these Zim PH’s are so tough and matter of fact they will minimize their injuries. Glad Guy and dog doing well. Thanks for all the updates from the AH community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasRof

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.