Gun control???

If your argument is that the overall gun debate is the major context...I understand that position...I don't agree with it...but reasonable minds CAN disagree.

But that doesn't remove the Parkland shooting as a context for humor...major or minor.
Yes sir, that would be my argument.

And I agree...there are various sides to this that reasonable minds can take.

Tim

Pinocchio-1068x801.png

I had an M1 carbine in the mid '60s when I was sixteen and in high school. Had it for a couple years. It used 30 round magazines. Used it to plink and shoot paper. It never hurt anyone (at least in civilian life). Now we have ARs & AKs, not much functionally different from the old carbines and now we have school shootings. What's changed the guns or the people using them?

Unless you're blind it's very obviously people.

And I also chuckle at people thinking that the internet started the mail order gun business. :rolleyes:

Sears-Catalog-1902-Page-314-PSED-1620-high-CCI03272011_00010-final-Straight-Xcontrast.jpg
And although Sears didn't sell anti-tank rifles via mail order, they were sure sold.

vintage_gunad4.jpg

This thread started with the intention of pointing out how the liberals twist the story around to suit their agenda and how they pass blame to their opposition.
Some of it is amusing and most is misinformed and therefore humorous. I do believe that the discussion of gun control should not be in this thread.
That being said I think I’ll open a new thread under General Chat as to get it out of the humorous section.
Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just say this - it is sad that so many folks in our country are screaming about "guns" while ignoring our drug culture (legal and illegal), our violence culture and the disintegration of the nuclear family.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree!

But then again, there are elements whose desire is not to "fix" anything except the ability of people to arm themselves.

I'll just say this - it is sad that so many folks in our country are screaming about "guns" while ignoring our drug culture (legal and illegal), our violence culture and the disintegration of the nuclear family.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree!

But then again, there are elements whose desire is not to "fix" anything except the ability of people to arm themselves.
That's because the liberals are in to personal freedoms like drugs, giving Hollywood and the video game manufacturers free reign and thinking a woman can raise male children in to being responsible adults. They could care less about the detrimental societal effects of this ideology.

I still think it's stupid for them to try and ban these
FB_IMG_1520462797954.jpg

A book by Dave Grossman titled On Killing covers much of what I believe you are getting at on the mind set area. Grossman used research by S.L.A. Marshall from WW2 that showed less than 50% of the soldiers were unable to fire their weapon and engage the enemy in combat due to an innate resistance to the emotional toll that killing has on a person.

I thought that research had been debunked, at least 20-30 years ago. It started with soldiers from WWII going "what the hay... not in my foxhole". The guy who ran that program was a newspaperman, and the thinking is he may have had a "preference" for how the data would work out. By another analysis it may have been useful to have that info as a pretext for the more punitive missions that were to follow in the post colonial age: The elimination of the catholic church in South America; The reduction of the population in South East Asia, by the millions; not to mention the need for nuclear forces that are tasked with tools that could wipe out humanity. Of course some post hoc derationalization has been applied to these matters, but we won't really know how to call the plays without seeing the final score. Suffice it to say, that we don't need to worry about the metal game of defending children, by analogy with the mental game of mowing them down by the millions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross