AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Hello, I’m Steve from Florida. Retired here from Connecticut just over 3 years ago. I’ve hunted all over the eastern US, from New England to Texas. My first trip to Africa was Namibia in 2012; wish I’d known about this website back then! I’m planning a trip to Limpopo for buffalo this May; fingers are crossed that this trip, cancelled a year ago, actually happens. Anyway, I’ve been lurking for a while and have been impressed with the range of experience and knowledge on this site, glad to be here.

Welcome to AH

John Havard

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hello, I’m Steve from Florida. Retired here from Connecticut just over 3 years ago. I’ve hunted all over the eastern US, from New England to Texas. My first trip to Africa was Namibia in 2012; wish I’d known about this website back then! I’m planning a trip to Limpopo for buffalo this May; fingers are crossed that this trip, cancelled a year ago, actually happens. Anyway, I’ve been lurking for a while and have been impressed with the range of experience and knowledge on this site, glad to be here.
Hello from Alaska and Welcome.
SW Florida is incredible.
The locals call it “Heavens Waiting Room” because of all the retired snow birds.
Punta Gorda is my favorite town on the gulf coast.

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
I’ve hunted all over the eastern US, from New England to Texas.
:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:

I firmly believe, that typing on small screens with large fingers and autocorrect systems that do not firmly understand an individual’s dialect of the English language are modern tools for extending grace and forgiveness. As a Texan I am fully extending grace and forgiveness for the statement above.:A Happy Wave:

However, this is an international forum and for those members that are not fully aware of the geography in the United States of America, Texas is not part of the Eastern U. S. In fact, Texas is Texas. Granted we are little more snowy, icy, and chilly than usual right now. :A Thumbs Up:

nomspc

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Namibia
:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:

I firmly believe, that typing on small screens with large fingers and autocorrect systems that do not firmly understand an individual’s dialect of the English language are modern tools for extending grace and forgiveness. As a Texan I am fully extending grace and forgiveness for the statement above.:A Happy Wave:

However, this is an international forum and for those members that are not fully aware of the geography in the United States of America, Texas is not part of the Eastern U. S. In fact, Texas is Texas. Granted we are little more snowy, icy, and chilly than usual right now. :A Thumbs Up:
Fair enough; west Texas qualifies as “west”!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julissa159

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?
6.8KLR wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'Day,
Long time no talk. I had a bad accident and was discharged from the hospital last Thursday after a three month stay. Am home now and all is well. So glad to be back. Missed you all on this board. Hope all is well with you. Killed a nice Mule deer last October and used the stainless Buffalo Skinner that worked to perfection and love the wood.
Regards, Mike in California.