Greetings from SW AZ

bmead

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Greetings and Salutations to All,
We are heading to RSA next month with Zeekoepan Safaris on our first African safari, and we are very excited to say the least! My wife and I will be in-country for 10 days on a seven-animal safari.

As we make our final financial plans for the trip, I was curious if somebody could give me a ballpark estimate on what the dip and pack at the taxidermist would run. In the crate we will have the hides/horns for: Greater Kudu (shoulder mount), Impala (lifesize), Warthog (lifesize), Zebra (lifesize), Nyala (lifesize), Blue Wildebeast (shoulder mount), and Blesbuck (shoulder mount).

This will be our first experience importing hides from abroad, and I need to know what to expect as far as costs are concerned.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Bob Mead
Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC
Yuma, AZ

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome to the site! Email/call Trophy Pro SA, Swift Dip, Trophy Solutions. I have recently looked into dip/pack myself and all will provide pricing upon asking. What I have seen crating will be between $250-$400 for up to 9 animals. Then figure the export fees/vet certificate for another $250

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH !

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Welcome to AH, I have spoken with Zeekoepan Safaris several times over the last few years about a safari but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm looking forward to your hunting report.

Good luck on your hunt.

bmead

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Thank you for the info reedy0312, that helps greatly! Y gracias Nyati por los amable saludos!

bmead

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Welcome to AH, I have spoken with Zeekoepan Safaris several times over the last few years about a safari but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm looking forward to your hunting report.

Good luck on your hunt.

I will take copious notes and deliver a full report upon our return. I have heard nothing but positive things about Amanda and Willem's operation, and they have been very cordial and friendly both times we have met them in person.

bmead

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Thank you AH, this is a great site!

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Being able to see the big 5 during your hunt is a big plus for me, according to Willem you should see all of them during your time at Zeekoepan.

good luck and take lost of pic's

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to AH sir!

adriw

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
DSC, SCI, PHASA, SA Hunters, WRSA
Welcome to AH Bob.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

caddman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI AFGA DU AHEIA
Hunted
Canada-BC,AB,Sk,QB USA-NM,KS Namibia
Welcome aboard Bob. Congrats on your upcoming safari. Sounds like you are planning on a crate full of work. If you end up with a proportionate amount of trophies as I planned for on my first safari you should round out at 21 total. lol

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Greetings and Salutations to All,
We are heading to RSA next month with Zeekoepan Safaris on our first African safari, and we are very excited to say the least! My wife and I will be in-country for 10 days on a seven-animal safari.

As we make our final financial plans for the trip, I was curious if somebody could give me a ballpark estimate on what the dip and pack at the taxidermist would run. In the crate we will have the hides/horns for: Greater Kudu (shoulder mount), Impala (lifesize), Warthog (lifesize), Zebra (lifesize), Nyala (lifesize), Blue Wildebeast (shoulder mount), and Blesbuck (shoulder mount).

This will be our first experience importing hides from abroad, and I need to know what to expect as far as costs are concerned.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Bob Mead
Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC
Yuma, AZ

Welcome fellow desert dweller, hope the winds today were not too severe in Yuma!

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
Welcome to AH!

petrusg

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH. Good luck on your hunt! :P Elmer Fudd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlausC7110

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?