Greetings from SW AZ

bmead

Reaction score
Hunted
USA, Mexico
Greetings and Salutations to All,
We are heading to RSA next month with Zeekoepan Safaris on our first African safari, and we are very excited to say the least! My wife and I will be in-country for 10 days on a seven-animal safari.

As we make our final financial plans for the trip, I was curious if somebody could give me a ballpark estimate on what the dip and pack at the taxidermist would run. In the crate we will have the hides/horns for: Greater Kudu (shoulder mount), Impala (lifesize), Warthog (lifesize), Zebra (lifesize), Nyala (lifesize), Blue Wildebeast (shoulder mount), and Blesbuck (shoulder mount).

This will be our first experience importing hides from abroad, and I need to know what to expect as far as costs are concerned.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Bob Mead
Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC
Yuma, AZ

Welcome to the site! Email/call Trophy Pro SA, Swift Dip, Trophy Solutions. I have recently looked into dip/pack myself and all will provide pricing upon asking. What I have seen crating will be between $250-$400 for up to 9 animals. Then figure the export fees/vet certificate for another $250

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, I have spoken with Zeekoepan Safaris several times over the last few years about a safari but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm looking forward to your hunting report.

Good luck on your hunt.

Thank you for the info reedy0312, that helps greatly! Y gracias Nyati por los amable saludos!

Welcome to AH, I have spoken with Zeekoepan Safaris several times over the last few years about a safari but haven't pulled the trigger yet, I'm looking forward to your hunting report.

Good luck on your hunt.

I will take copious notes and deliver a full report upon our return. I have heard nothing but positive things about Amanda and Willem's operation, and they have been very cordial and friendly both times we have met them in person.

Welcome to AH Bob!

Thank you AH, this is a great site!

Being able to see the big 5 during your hunt is a big plus for me, according to Willem you should see all of them during your time at Zeekoepan.

good luck and take lost of pic's

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH Bob.

Welcome aboard Bob. Congrats on your upcoming safari. Sounds like you are planning on a crate full of work. If you end up with a proportionate amount of trophies as I planned for on my first safari you should round out at 21 total. lol

Greetings and Salutations to All,
We are heading to RSA next month with Zeekoepan Safaris on our first African safari, and we are very excited to say the least! My wife and I will be in-country for 10 days on a seven-animal safari.

As we make our final financial plans for the trip, I was curious if somebody could give me a ballpark estimate on what the dip and pack at the taxidermist would run. In the crate we will have the hides/horns for: Greater Kudu (shoulder mount), Impala (lifesize), Warthog (lifesize), Zebra (lifesize), Nyala (lifesize), Blue Wildebeast (shoulder mount), and Blesbuck (shoulder mount).

This will be our first experience importing hides from abroad, and I need to know what to expect as far as costs are concerned.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Bob Mead
Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC
Yuma, AZ

Welcome fellow desert dweller, hope the winds today were not too severe in Yuma!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH. Good luck on your hunt! :P Elmer Fudd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg