Greetings from Oregon

Welcome to AH ET1775! Looking forward to your contribution.
Thank you very much Jerome. I appreciate you creating such a welcoming place on the internet for folks who share an abiding love for hunting and Africa to meet and partake in the cumulative lore.

Cheers

:S Welcome: to AH!

You will be hunting in Africa sooner than you think.
Welcome to AH.

Much obliged. I have been to Djibouti but that was many years ago. I haven't had the pleasure of going to Africa for a safari. What kind of double did you choose? I wish you much success with buffalo!
I purchased a Sabatti double, 9.3x74R. It is a bit less powerful than a .375H&H. The 9.3x74R is the minimum legal caliber for dangerous game in Zimbabwe. I've been on 15 previous safaris, but I now wish to start taking a number of previously taken animals with a double. Do you have any particular animal you really want to take in Africa?

Seems funny doing introductions now, I have been reading your posts for weeks. Very nice to meet you.
Thank You very much.
However no doubt, the pleasure is mine.
Cheers my friend.

You will be hunting in Africa sooner than you think.
Welcome to AH.
Many blessings for the kind word. I could probably swing a trip in 1-2 years if I just take my Ruger No. 1 and keep to the basics. I have double fever though, and I have yet to find a cure. We shall see.

I purchased a Sabatti double, 9.3x74R. It is a bit less powerful than a .375H&H. The 9.3x74R is the minimum legal caliber for dangerous game in Zimbabwe. I've been on 15 previous safaris, but I now wish to start taking a number of previously taken animals with a double. Do you have any particular animal you really want to take in Africa?
I hope the double is all you hoped for! It is the minimum caliber for a reason, if the hunter pays a mind to placement, the 9.3x74R works! I have a .375 H&H for the reason that it is not unreasonable to hunt with it in NA, it is widely available and effective but requires precise user input for best results.

I have been reading Capstick, Ruark, etc and reading about many others since I was a child and the dream of hunting the big 5 DG will always be a pinnacle experience to strive for. However, I love hunting, all hunting and would not turn away from a chance to hunt any species. A PG safari would be a blast and the added bonus that everything is edible. If I had to choose one animal I would like to pit myself against more than all others... Leopard, with my longbow. I see the Leopard as the perfect predator and to complete that hunt would be a capstone moment. Crocodile is up there too, about as close as I can get to hunting dinosaurs.

KLAMATH here

KLAMATH here
I am in Sisters country, nice to meet you! Heading to Fort Rock unit for archery Mule Deer buck and West Beulah for Elk bull this year. Did you have any wins for controlled hunts?

I drew the highly coveted Western Oregon deer tag.

Hello all,

I am glad to be joining this forum of international hunters, I have been reading many of the threads lately and there is a wealth of knowledge and experience to glean from. I have traveled a fair bit over the years but unfortunately I have not yet had the privilege to hunt in Africa. I have been dreaming of hunting plains and dangerous game since I was a child. I suspect it will be a reality within 5 years. Until then I will continue pursuing deer, elk, bear and cougar in the Pacific Northwest and hopefully add some other big game species as well.

I shoot long range precision for fun but I love hunting with longbow or single shot rifle. However, I am hoping to get a double rifle in the relatively near future.
Welcome to AH

Have fun planning, welcome to the posting side!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,