Got the 64's home

Have you looked a Boyd Laminated stocks? They are wood but almost impervious to weather.

LOVE Boyds stocks. Theyre priced right, and are built like tanks.... Theyre not what I'd want on a "mountain" gun (heavy).. but theyre about perfect for 90% of the hunting I typically do..

I've got 2x .308's, a 7x57, a .35 whelen, and a 7MM WSM all wrapped in Boyds laminates....

When I build my .458 win mag, it will get a boyds stock as well..

I gotta ask..and the synthetics?

Not sure about the synthetics but, really nice guns were turned into junk. I know of one guy who lost, among other niceties, a Luger artillery model and had to send 56 scopes back to Leupold for refurbishing in the aftermath.

View attachment 225765
Lots of gun folk use this stuff. I’ve heard lots of good things about it.

I can vouch for this stuff.....

I coat the wood and metal on my rifles if they’re going to stay in the safe a while. Just take a good cloth rag (I use a terry cloth rag) and put a little on it. Rub it in and buff it good with the rag.

It’s expensive but well worth it I feel. Fairly strong smell when you open the tin. Midway USA sells it, or at least they did.

Great calibers! My CZ 550 LUX 7x64 is the most accurate sporting rifle I have ever owned and I shot my tightest group of ANY rifle with it, including .308 heavy barreled sniper type rifles.

I have a 7x64 and a 9.3x62 so I wholeheartedly approve of your battery sir!

One gunsmith I know of uses Johnson paste wax as a release agent for bedding jobs.

Great looking basis for a couple of wonderful calibers. You are going to install open sights as well as a scope on that 9.3 …………. ? (y)

A buddy had a 30-06 Remy that got soaked under 8’ of flood water in our 100 yr flood a few years ago. When he finally got it out, he gave it to me to clean up. It had been polished with Renaissance wax prior to the flood. I took everything apart I could and soaked it in Kroil. It did get one little spot of rust on the barrel. But today it shoots 1/2” groups with the right ammo.
Oh and the bore prior to the flood had been soaked in Kroil prior to putting it up after the season.

Very nice rifles mate and great choices of cal.

I run a couple of B&C Medallist stocks and like them a lot, very practical. The one on my .458 has stood up well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.