Good Gun Deals This Week

I’ll go by tomorrow and see if they’re still there. If the A Bolt was a .338WM I would’ve bought it at first glance.

a 300 WM of any quality at all in Colorado purchased at that price should never lose you any money.. I'd imagine you could sell it here in less than 24 hours and recoup every penny you invest in it if you decide you dont like it..

If I didnt very recently walk into a great deal on a 300 H&H here in AH, I'd be interested in the A-bolt for sure..

Well, the wood isn't as nice as yours, but looks new and has the same checkering pattern and looks to have Leupold bases. I wasn't paying attention as to the model of the scope. Probably an older version but looks new. I'll go by tomorrow and see if they still have it. It had been there for at least two weeks since the last time I was there.
I would buy it at $850 with a Leupold 3x9. That's a screaming deal.

In 2013, I paid $850 for a NIB 7mm Mauser M70 Featherweight.
It is one of my favorite rifles. These were 2012 or 2013 SHOT Show specials.

If it looks like @cash_tx rifle, definitely a Featherweight. Slim barrel (.565" at the muzzle), Schnabel forend tip. These handle nicely.

The one thing I had a problem with, the Bolt Stop/Release spring broke.
A call to Winchester Parts and I had 2 new ones in 2 days for $12 delivered. I bought a backup just in case.
I talked to my gunsmith, and he said he had recently repaired another BACO M70 with the same problem.

I have not had this problem with 3 other M70s.
I would not let this stop me from buying that 7mm Mauser M70.

I'm keeping mine.

Attachments

• Winchester pre-64 Model 70 serial numbers 1 & 2, 1936, .30-06, provenance for sale.pdf
    237.2 KB · Views: 40
Sportsman Legacy has had them for sale since at least November 2019 at the same price. The $1.75M sale price looks like a non-start. Good luck

72282707031__5A1849A9-F217-47B1-BDAF-5992CF4CED03.jpeg
IMG_0066.jpeg
I’m now the proud owner of this beautiful plastic 375 ruger , $400 for rifle , 2 box of ammunition, Lee die set , Speer 235 & 270
( funny story behind purchase)
guy bought it mounted a leupold scope and went to range to sight in , 2nd shot broke his eye socket and the scope
saw the ad and called he said “1st $400 and I never want to see it again “
done deal ! Should be a nice hunting rifle ( if I too don’t knock out my eye )

View attachment 573061View attachment 573062I’m now the proud owner of this beautiful plastic 375 ruger , $400 for rifle , 2 box of ammunition, Lee die set , Speer 235 & 270
guy bought it mounted a leupold scope and went to range to sight in , 2nd shot broke his eye socket and the scope
Should have asked if he'd throw in the broken Leupold (they would repair or replace free of charge), lol.
That definitely qualifies as a good gun deal, congrats!

I don't know? I'll look at it tomorrow if it's still there. I'll let you know. They also have a Browning A Bolt .300WM, light brown camo synthetic, brown cerakoted, removable brake, no scope ASKING $450 on consignment. Barely used. I know that doesn't really fit within the likes of this crowd, but might be a fair deal with today's firearm prices?
If that was me, I'd buy them both but try to negotiate them down a bit. Take them both home telling myself what a great investment they are and that I was going to flip them to make a profit. Then I would put them away and end forget about them. Then someone will inevitability offer up a nice scope for sale and trigger my memory that i have a gun needing a scope so I'll end up buying that,, add it to the rest of the stack of dedicated scopes not mounted yet and then (rightfully so) recall that i actually have two rifles needing scopes so be watching for another but end up buying two more.... Followed by needing another safe as I'd run out of room... And a bigger house.

Come think of it, I've done all that;)

If that was me, I'd buy them both but try to negotiate them down a bit. Take them both home telling myself what a great investment they are and that I was going to flip them to make a profit. Then I would put them away and end forget about them. Then someone will inevitability offer up a nice scope for sale and trigger my memory that i have a gun needing a scope so I'll end up buying that,, add it to the rest of the stack of dedicated scopes not mounted yet and then (rightfully so) recall that i actually have two rifles needing scopes so be watching for another but end up buying two more.... Followed by needing another safe as I'd run out of room... And a bigger house.

Come think of it, I've done all that;)
never forget the fully mounted rhino behind your couch…you are still my hero for that and @Just Gina is a saint!!!

View attachment 573061View attachment 573062I’m now the proud owner of this beautiful plastic 375 ruger , $400 for rifle , 2 box of ammunition, Lee die set , Speer 235 & 270
S-3Ranch, the “2nd shot broke his Eye Socket”? What did the 1st Shot do? We ALL need to know !!

S-3Ranch, the “2nd shot broke his Eye Socket”? What did the 1st Shot do? We ALL need to know !!
I don’t know probably kicked the crude out of his shoulder and made him hunker down on the scope ( lol , it kicks like a mule with max load 275gr )

Don’t know if you could classify this Rigby SSB as a deal exactly, but I did a little playing around on their site and to have it built would cost north of 30k.

Love the look of it except for the buff, not really my bag

Attachments

• JOHN RIGBY & CO. Mauser M98 Magnum .416 RIGBY for sale.pdf
    230.1 KB · Views: 35
Anybody need a good entry-level 458 Win Mag? I was at a local gun store in North Texas today, and happened upon this Interarms Mark X (1975 build, I think) for $800. It has a crack behind the tang that has been repaired and is missing the blade for the rear ramp sight; but otherwise, looks in very good condition. You can see the store name on the hang tag in one of my pictures, but it is Guns-n-More in Howe, Texas (ask for Jared, and mention this forum).

20231213_115739.jpg

20231213_115715.jpg

20231213_115754.jpg

Screenshot_20231213-172444_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231213-172514_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231213-172608_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231213-172655_Chrome.jpg

Here is a few that might be of interest to some of you. I have done business with this seller and they are top notch.
Just wanted to share hope that is ok

This is a deal...

Attachments

• Chapuis Express in 9.3x74r in Excellent Barely used condition, includes Leupold VX7 1.5-6x for...pdf
    318.1 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarinTill6

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.