Good Gun Deals This Week

What say yee?

10 minutes left on a $2500 404J. Enfield action. Cogswell & Harrison. needs a little tweaking

P17 actions will not match the price of a Mauser in a British rifle. Cogswell Harrison will get you into the lower end of the British rifles at that price. It would be hard to get a 404J from a British house at a lower price. A good gunsmith can fix the stock. The feeding problem might be simple like a spring or possibly a bit more in depth. The scope mounts are unique to me so you would probably need to start from scratch if you are scoping the rifle. Would this gun get a no sale for 2,500 a year ago. Probably not.

Even though the auction has ended, contact the seller and negotiate a deal if you are interested. If you are in it for 3k with the work needed it is probably still a good price for a British rifle.

I’m well fixed for a 404 Jeffery. Just thought it might be a good buy for someone interested.

Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED 1.0 MOA Red Dot​

$469.99 from Primary Arms

This is about $100 below retail price. Buy once, cry once...

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-sro-sight-adjustable-led-1-moa-red-dot

The 1 MOA red dot allows fairly precise aiming at longer distances while definitely being bright enough for instantaneous aiming at in your face dangerous game.

SRO1-C-2500001_00-2.jpg
SRO1-C-2500001_00.jpg
SRO1-C-2500001_01.jpg
SRO1-C-2500001_02-2.jpg
SRO1-C-2500001_02.jpg

SKU: SRO1-C-2500001

Attachments

• Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED 1.0 MOA Red Dot.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:

Trijicon SRO Sight Adjustable LED 1.0 MOA Red Dot​

$469.99 from Primary Arms

This is about $100 below retail price. Buy once, cry once...

https://www.primaryarms.com/trijicon-sro-sight-adjustable-led-1-moa-red-dot

The 1 MOA red dot allows fairly precise aiming at longer distances while definitely being bright enough for instantaneous aiming at in your face dangerous game.

View attachment 572117View attachment 572118View attachment 572119View attachment 572120View attachment 572121

SKU: SRO1-C-2500001

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Trijicon RMR QD Mount for CZ 550, BRNO ZKK - American Hunting Rifles.pdf
    863.2 KB · Views: 25
With the amount of custom options in this gun it is a great bargain, still alot of money but if you're in the market for a 416 its a great buy.

Attachments

• JOHN RIGBY & CO. Mauser M98 Magnum .416 RIGBY for sale.pdf
    224.4 KB · Views: 27
go
With the amount of custom options in this gun it is a great bargain, still alot of money but if you're in the market for a 416 its a great buy.
look on Rigbys website…that gold buff is now 6,000 pounds which is nuts to me but you can check

Trijicon (y)

I went to AHR's website and see they have both Leupold and Trijicon red dot mounts for the CZ 550. I'm not buying both so what say ye between Leupold and Trijicon?
I have a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on my CZ550 in 458 Lott using one of the AHR mounts. My only (sorta) complaint is the Leupold's smallest dot is 2.5 MOA. That only has any kind of impact when I stretch distance well beyond 100 yards. Even at 150 yards, I can easily keep a group well under the <4" covered by the dot.
The DeltaPoint has a top load battery and runs ~$100 less than the Trijicon (about the price of the AHR QD mount). Don't think there's a measurable difference in quality or durability.

I went to AHR's website and see they have both Leupold and Trijicon red dot mounts for the CZ 550. I'm not buying both so what say ye between Leupold and Trijicon?
What AHR is offering are two different mount that fit two footprints. One is the Trijicon RMR footprint, the other is the Leupold Delta Point (not sure if the Delta Point Pro is the same) footprint. Many optics use these footprints and I've included a guide to Optics Planet with a reference at the bottom of this post.

I have a Holosun 508 that fits the Trijicon footprint on my Beretta 1301 because of certain features I wanted. One of the most important to me was being able to change the battery without removing the optic from the mount and having to re-zero, or at least reconfirm zero. Other things like "shake awake" technology, auto brightness control, size of the dot, different reticles available, size, weight, how it looks...all will play a factor in your decision.

Currently I really like the AimPoint T2 for close in work with both eyes open, but there are a lot of good options out there that are not just Trijicon or Leupold. Do some research and let us know how it goes.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/howto/a-guide-to-the-most-common-red-dot-footprints.html

Attachments

• Red Dot Footprints | What You Should Know About Pistol Red Dot Footprints.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keobongda247cc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]