Golden Wildebeest Custom complete.

migrabill

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Joined
Mar 14, 2023
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
3,307
Location
Abingdon, MD USA
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
MBS, SCI, NRA
Hunted
Limpopo South Africa. Argentina. US. Maryland. Kentucky. West Virginia. Ohio. Illinois. Pennsylvania. Delaware.
I got this Golden Wildebeest on my trip to South Africa in 2024. I asked a friend of a friend to do a custom base for me after seeing some work he did for my friend. I didn’t give him much guidance. I just told him it needs wheels on the bottom, and I wanted the head to be able to turn. Phil just ran with it and made something awesome. When the video starts, thats the backskin of the same Golden Wildebeest. That tush of blonde hair you see is his tail. The 2nd side has life size wildebeest tracks and the logo of van Wijk Safaris- the outfitter I used on the trip. The 3rd side is the backskin from a blue wildebeest along with the SCI Bronze Award this harvest earned me. The 4th side is wildebeest tracks again with some Blesbok hide. And I love that the head turns so that the piece really has 4 fronts- I can change the position whenever I want. Better than anything I would have came up with!

Click to see Video. Golden
 
Beautiful mount. Awesome custom work and details. Looks perfect right there in the kitchen. Lol
 
Beautiful!
 
Very unique golden, as well!
 
I got this Golden Wildebeest on my trip to South Africa in 2024. I asked a friend of a friend to do a custom base for me after seeing some work he did for my friend. I didn’t give him much guidance. I just told him it needs wheels on the bottom, and I wanted the head to be able to turn. Phil just ran with it and made something awesome. When the video starts, thats the backskin of the same Golden Wildebeest. That tush of blonde hair you see is his tail. The 2nd side has life size wildebeest tracks and the logo of van Wijk Safaris- the outfitter I used on the trip. The 3rd side is the backskin from a blue wildebeest along with the SCI Bronze Award this harvest earned me. The 4th side is wildebeest tracks again with some Blesbok hide. And I love that the head turns so that the piece really has 4 fronts- I can change the position whenever I want. Better than anything I would have came up with!

Click to see Video. Golden
Beautiful! Excuse me if I missed it, who did the actually taxidermy mount?
 
Beautiful! Excuse me if I missed it, who did the actually taxidermy mount?
The mount was done by Reflections of the Wild in Oakland Maryland. They did all my African stuff from that Safari.

1890166184470656156.png
7023829063396881321.png
1584957706197711342.png
 
Really nice piece…the light you had on it for the video helped show it off (it’s golden coloring)
 
I got this Golden Wildebeest on my trip to South Africa in 2024. I asked a friend of a friend to do a custom base for me after seeing some work he did for my friend. I didn’t give him much guidance. I just told him it needs wheels on the bottom, and I wanted the head to be able to turn. Phil just ran with it and made something awesome. When the video starts, thats the backskin of the same Golden Wildebeest. That tush of blonde hair you see is his tail. The 2nd side has life size wildebeest tracks and the logo of van Wijk Safaris- the outfitter I used on the trip. The 3rd side is the backskin from a blue wildebeest along with the SCI Bronze Award this harvest earned me. The 4th side is wildebeest tracks again with some Blesbok hide. And I love that the head turns so that the piece really has 4 fronts- I can change the position whenever I want. Better than anything I would have came up with!

Click to see Video. Golden
Very impressive animals and mounts!
 
The mount was done by Reflections of the Wild in Oakland Maryland. They did all my African stuff from that Safari.

View attachment 795515
How big was your Kudu? Trying to judge how they look on pedestal as I'm thinking a similar mount for mine when I get one.
 
How big was your Kudu? Trying to judge how they look on pedestal as I'm thinking a similar mount for mine when I get one.
To be honest, not that big. Out of the 9 animals I took, the kudu was 1 of only 2 that did not make SCI. I absolutely cherish the mount- he’s gorgeous- but the horns are only 46 1/2.
 
Thanks - that's real helpful, I think he looks beautifully proportioned for that mount, might influence me to look on the smaller side.

Gorgeous mounts all round - that Golden mount is really nifty.
 
The mount is nice and I really like the bases. well done!
 
My buddy who made it is an excellent woodworker. But he is new to taxidermy. The one thing he didn’t do, which looks awkward, is he didn’t cover/hide the metal bar that connects the head to the base. I have ordered an assortment of fake grasses and will be using those to hide the bar.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,532
Members
169,370
Latest member
RustyBinns
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top