Glad to be here

oakelyc

New member
Joined
Mar 17, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
7
Location
Sacramento California
Hello all , I have been dreaming of hunting in South Africa since I was in college . I've read most of the great Africa books. I went on my first Africa hunt in june 2011 (I say first because now I've got the Africa bug and will go back) it was dream come true. I think this is a great forum for information and people dreaming of hunting africa and im glad to be here
 
:S Welcome:
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH oakelyc!
 
Greetings oakeylyc,

Khomas Highland Hunting and Fishing Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I see in your profile that, you live in the Sacramento area.
Yours truly was born in Los Angeles but my family moved to Sacramento (N. Highlands) the fall that I began high school.
After turning 18, and graduating from H. School, I landed a welding job with “Halston Supply” in Rio Linda and moved into a little cabin, out at 4351 E. Levee Rd., Elverta, CA (not many miles from the then newly built Sacramento Airport).

Since those long ago times, I had lived in Chico and Colusa, California, eventually moving all the way to Anchorage here,
During my late 20’s (42 years ago).
I miss shooting Calif. ground squirrels and dry fly fishing for bluegills there as well.

Well anyway, when you can spare a moment, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7713.png
    IMG_7713.png
    9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7712.png
    IMG_7712.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_7716.png
    IMG_7716.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7697.png
    IMG_7697.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_7679.png
    IMG_7679.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7614.png
    IMG_7614.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,456
Messages
1,576,673
Members
170,617
Latest member
AdeleGenti
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top