Gday and happy new year from new Zealand

Done a bit of lurking and finally joined up. Never been to Africa but would love to one day for a big old dagga boy and give the 416 remmy a go. Don't do as much hunting as I should but that's my fault as there is some good stuff around.
Anyway all the best and happy new year
Hello csmiffy,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome aboard csmiffy. Hopefully your return to NZ will result in more hunting opportunities. What are the various firearm projects you made reference to? Von Gruff is an excellent source and or resource for questions relating to firearms and or knives.
@Shootist43 just finished a long suffering Parker Hale 270. That is another story and don't expect anything too flash.
Been mucking around with a no1 mk3 303 here and there, again don't even want to go near that. Ive seen Von Gruffs work. Mine will be a basic refurbishment and may turn into a lee speedish type of rifle but nothing like his.
Little bit of stock repairs to a Boito sxs, P14 BSA model E that I have been playing with but have a sneaky feeling I have to redo the crown as it shoots pretty naff for a rifle like that-barrel isn't the best so it does have an out.
A BSA model E 25-303 that I have been playing with. Barrel a bit naff too but the bedding is crap and have to redo that to try out with the 5 rounds I have. lol
Plus a couple of other projects where I haven't really done anything other than accumulating some bits, A 264 win mag barrel for a p14 (the other 2 actions could be a donor yet, and a BSA model E in 308 done as a target rifle that I would like to turn into a 300 H+H but in reality the probably should make it a 300 win mag just because its way easier here. No reamers for the H+H so have to buy that.
It needs a proper stock too.
just be aware that there are long periods where bugger all happens to these because of work, money inclination etc so don't get the impression I am flat out all the time haha
Ah well......

Last edited:
Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH and the posting side, @csmiffy ! This forum has a wealth of information. Enjoy

Welcome to the dark side, .

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Great to have you here.

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross