Free range or not?

Yes perhaps so BUT you at least know 100% that he is actually in there behind the wire so you are hunting for a known animal whereas it is a different scenario without the fence.
This is the scenario I am personally least interested in pursuing. It is very easy to find outfitters with specific animals posted. Shop the catalogue, pay the price tag and shoot the animal. I am not even sure I understand how the “hunting” tale is told afterward. I hasten to add there are dozens of deer hunting operations in the States doing the same thing. I’m not much interested in those “adventures” either (particularly the 180+ class freak show bucks). Give me a PH or guide in good country (it can be behind a fence) working his butt off to find me best, oldest beast he can.
 
This is the scenario I am personally least interested in pursuing. It is very easy to find outfitters with specific animals posted. Shop the catalogue, pay the price tag and shoot the animal. I am not even sure I understand how the “hunting” tale is told afterward. I hasten to add there are dozens of deer hunting operations in the States doing the same thing. I’m not much interested in those “adventures” either (particularly the 180+ class freak show bucks). Give me a PH or guide in good country (it can be behind a fence) working his butt off to find me best, oldest beast he can.

I agree, and am not the least bit interested in "hunting" like that either, whether it be RSA, USA, New Zealand, or anywhere else.
 
My feelings are that the animals must be self sustaining. Area needs to be large enough, again in my mind 25,000 plus acres. Free range and Wild is the best of all. Hunting elk out West for 23 years some hunts are rewarded with game on the table others are not. In both cases they are incredible memories and wonderful times. I don’t need to see game every day nor even get a shot, it doesn’t matter because the experience is what I go for.
 
It’s animal density, not land size that determines sustainability.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,578
Members
169,764
Latest member
Yvette46G2
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top