Free Hunt from Spiral Horn Safaris for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you on your way to Africa or coming back? Hunting trip or travel?

I thought that everyone might enjoy the details of photo.

I was hunting by myself the day that I got that photo. In one of the areas that I hunt a male and female mountain lion were hanging around together. Of course I was trying to catch the male, he had a huge track and I really wanted to see if he was as big as his foot said he was.

Of course the dogs, there is actually another one present at the time of photo, caught the female. It is legal to harvest females in the area that I was hunting, but I do not. Actually we hardly ever harvest any of the mountain lions that we catch.

What you can not see in the photo is the extent of the drop off behind where the female mountain lion is sitting. Approximately 100-150 verticle feet. I merely took a bunch of photo's, pulled the both of the dogs back and allowed the mountain lion to carry on her way. Although retrieving the dog in the picture was not all that easy. He easly could of fallen to dog heaven.

Several days later I was able to tree the male that was leaving the big tracks. He is at the taxidermists.

I hope everyone enjoyed the picture and the short story.

Cheers,

Tyler Strickland

Thanks for the short story on the picture how about some photo's of the big male. I to hunt a lot on my own and have always wanted to take a Mountain Lion and an Elk but they always Allude me maybe one day before I go to the happy hunting ground. Congrats on the win

Congrats Tyler, that is a great picture and thanks for the story. Love to see some pictures of the big male. I hope you enjoy your hunt and take some great pictures so we can all enjoy with you. So who will you be taking along? Just to let you know I'm available!
:plane:

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

Regrettably Tyler notified me that he will not be able to make it due to personal reasons.

I would like to offer this hunt to another client who entered to ensure the integrity of these offers as well as the reputation of AH.

Jerome will be doing a random draw from the Honorable Mentions list, the winner will be announces in the next few days so please keep an eye out!

A big thanks to all who participated!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis,

You know I'm always up for a hunt!!!! :) Really good luck to whoever ends up with it. Louis is an excellent host!

Ed

Hey Ed

You are already booked for June/July LOL I will be seeing you soon my friend and looking forward to it!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

sorry for Tyler but...

please, please, please, please.... I will surely lit a candle tonight for the chance!!!
Thanks for alll Louis and Jerome!

Here's to hoping my wife gets to hunt Africa for the first time! Tyler you're a gentleman for giving early notice, fingers crossed.

Ditto as mentioned above.. would be a great honor to go..

Ya'all know what I admire? That's the guys that want others (spouse/family) to join them in Africa and enjoy the mystical hunting atmosphere that is so special there. Also, the guys that consider it an honor and privilege to bask in these extraordinary experiences! Good luck and good hunting to all.

THE RANDOM DRAW WINNER IS...

The winner from the random draw from the Honorable Mentions is Ardent. Congratulations!

Please contact Louis as soon as possible or within the next 10 days, by February 26th, to claim your price and to start making all of the arrangements with him.

Here's to hoping my wife gets to hunt Africa for the first time! Tyler you're a gentleman for giving early notice, fingers crossed.

Congrats Ardent, looks like you are going to get your wish. The next question is will you be joining your wife on her trip to Africa or are you looking for one of Us to accompany her there..

I am absolutely floored... Don't know what to say! This couldn't have come on a better day, doing an ugly job on a snowy northern day and was feeling a bit low. Not sure how I can make this up to AfricaHunting.com and Spiral Horn, but I'll try, still catching my breath here... Wow.

Will contact them immediately,

Angus

Hi Angus

First and foremost I think congratulations are in order!

Angus it is great to be in a position to be part of the AH community as well as being able to meet new clients and share opinions and views on either simple or controversial matters.

This is my way of giving back to our community and to promote the future of hunting in Africa.

A big thanks once again to Jerome for making AH the place to be if you are passionate about Africa!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis and Jerome, what can I say thanks so much to both of you and the organisations you run. I owe a good story / article to the forum on return and will oblige, that's not enough for such a kind opportunity but it's a start.

Bushbuck, ha! My wife is a beautiful young woman and I'd nary trust a rascally African hunter around her! ;) Time to plan... October is what it's looking like when considered with Louis.

I'm very happy for you Ardent! You had a great picture! I hope you and wife have a wonderful time!

Louis and Jerome, what can I say thanks so much to both of you and the organisations you run. I owe a good story / article to the forum on return and will oblige, that's not enough for such a kind opportunity but it's a start.

Bushbuck, ha! My wife is a beautiful young woman and I'd nary trust a rascally African hunter around her! ;) Time to plan... October is what it's looking like when considered with Louis.

Congratulations Ardent. When I saw your picture of your skylined against the sunset, I thought that pic would win, but then came Tyler's of the lion and knew it would be the winner. So Tyler's loss is appropriately your gain in my opinion. I hope and am sure you'll have a great time with Louis!

Bushbuck, ha! My wife is a beautiful young woman and I'd nary trust a rascally African hunter around her! ;) Time to plan...

Ardent, have a great safari. Remember when you come back to post a great report with lots of pictures. Dont forget we much prefer trophy photos with "beautiful young women" then those with them "rascally African Hunters" like ourselves..

Ardent don’t worry I got engaged this year your wife will be in good hands LOL!:ballchain:

Thanks for all the nice comments gentleman it is appreciated.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg