Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
hunting-05.jpg

WIN a FREE HUNT, BEST PICTURE CONTEST

Members of AfricaHunting.com can WIN a FREE HUNT worth US$ 6,500 with Spiral Horn Safaris in the Limpopo Province of South Africa, two miles from the border of Botswana for 2011 by posting their best picture on AfricaHunting.com

This hunt is for two hunters (friends, family members or partners), it can be two bow hunters or two rifle hunters.

What to do if you want to enter the competition for this FREE RIFLE OR BOW HUNTING SAFARI.

Post a picture in this thread and include a title and some text describing the picture. The picture should be nature or hunting related (trophies, guns, taxidermy,...). JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW PICTURES DO NOT HAVE TO BE AFRICA RELATED TO BE PART OF THE CONTEST. You can enter as many pictures as you would like. Please post pictures that have not already been posted on AH. Pictures must be yours.

If you need information on posting pictures please read the following: How To Post Photos In The Forum.

Pictures must be posted between July 20th and September 30th, 2010. The winner will be announced on October 5th, 2010 in this thread. Post your pictures below this post by clicking the "Reply" button. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

The contest will be judged by a panel of three judges, all members of AH including myself.

What is up for grabs? A FREE HUNT for two hunters with Spiral Horn Safaris in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. To check out Spiral Horn Safaris hunting outfit, area, accommodations, photo gallery and a lot more, please visit my website at www.spiralhorn.co.za.

HUNT includes:
- 5 day hunt for two hunters, each hunting 1x1 with their own licensed PH
- 1x Blue Wildebeest
- 1x Gemsbok
- 1x Impala
- 1x Warthog
- Accommodations
- The full use of all facilities in the camp such as the swimming pool and satellite television
- A daily laundry service is also available at no extra cost
- Full catering: early morning coffee and rusks, brunch, snacks, dinner, all soft drinks and alcoholic beverages in moderation
- Hunting: a fully licensed Professional Hunter, trackers, skinners, all camp staff, transport to and from blinds, picking up of trophies, field preparation of any game taken and transportation of trophies to shipping company

Not included:
- Accommodations prior to and after safari
- Transport by vehicle from Johannesburg International Airport
- Transport by vehicle between other Hunting Provinces
- Trophy fees of animals bagged or wounded
- Professional Hunting Association Conservation Levy per trophy taken
- Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination
- Rifle hire
- Gratuities

Here are links to a couple of hunting reports from hunters who have hunted with Spiral Horn Safaris:
- I'M BACK! from Spiral Horn Safaris
- Spiral Horn Hunt Report - Picture Heavy

We also ask that both prize winners post a detailed hunting report with pictures about their hunting safari with Spiral Horn Safaris and leave a rating and review in the hunting directory here on AfricaHunting.com. See official rules in post below.

Thanks to everyone who will be taking part in this competition and good luck. For those of you who will just be checking out the pictures entered, please feel free to leave comments.

Louis van Bergen

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Free Hunt Official Rules

Free Hunt Official Rules

1. This competition is open to all registered members of AfricaHunting.com who are at least 18 years of age. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

2. To be eligible participants must post an eligible picture in this thread.

3. Posts must be done between July 20th and September 30th, 2010.

4. The winner will be selected by a panel of three judges, all members of AH. The winner will be notified by email on October 5th, 2010, at the email address provided on their registration form for AfricaHunting.com. The name of the winner will be posted along with the winning picture on AfricaHunting.com forum. No other attempt to contact the winner will be made.

5. Any prize unclaimed after thirty (30) days from the date of notice will not be awarded.

6. The hunt has to be taken in 2011 with dates to be decided and agreed upon between prize winner and Spiral Horn Safaris and must be made by December 31st, 2010.

7. Prize will be made available only to the identified winner.

8. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and no substitute prize will be offered.

9. Except where prohibited by law, the winner by acceptance of the prize agrees that Spiral Horn Safaris and AfricaHunting.com or those acting under its authority may use the winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, for advertising and promotional purposes without consideration or further permission.

10. Spiral Horn Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents, are not responsible for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost entries; and/or any contest disruptions beyond its control.

11. Entrants and winners are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this prize, and the acceptance and/or use of a prize. By participating and/or by acceptance or use of the prize, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Spiral Horn Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, other prize sponsors and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any liability arising in connection with the use of the prize.

What a photo needs to be chosen as the winning photo, now thats a question!

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Okay Ill bite,
I took this picture on a sultry summer morning while glassing for wild boar.

Attachments

• sun 003.jpg
    sun 003.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 519
Hi Thunder Head and Andrew

Any nature photo will do, obviously one of your own, but besides that you can post any picture that you regard as something special.

The sun set would definitely qualify as a great photo thanks for sharing please feel free to post some more!

Andrew LOL I can’t answer your question yet we will have to see in a few months time.

Best regards
Louis van Bergen

This Gemsbok picture is my favorite animal photo from my 09 safari

Africa245.jpg

Attachments

• Africa245.jpg
    Africa245.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 393
Louis, I would like to personally thank you for the generosity that you have shown towards the members of our community. I really look forward to seeing the great pictures that I am sure will come out of this contest!

Jerome it has only been a pleasure to be associated with Africa Hunting and its members I have made a lot of good friends here and it is my small way of giving back to our community.

I hope that African hunting will go from strength to strength and that members will continue finding it one of the best Hunting forums in the world!

Thanks to you Jerome for the opportunity as well as all the members who will be participating.

Looking forward to seeing all of the amazing picture’s guy’s.

Yours sincerely
Louis van Bergen

Could you turn out the lights please?

Our first night on photo safari near the Tremisana Lodge.

watermark.php

watermark.php

Attachments

• IMG_8611.jpg
    IMG_8611.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_8613.jpg
    IMG_8613.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 393
You owe me money!

That's what my PH said was this look I was getting from this Buffalo. I thought it appropriate.

watermark.php

Relaxing waterbuck

watermark.php

Death By Double Rifle....Florida Style!

watermark.php

Cape Buffalo upclose and personal

Two Cape Buffalo cows from the Limpopo province of South Africa. Picture taken on my 2009 Archery hunt.

watermark.php

Yellow Billed Horn Bill

watermark.php

Warthog

This picture was taken through a small hole in a piece of leadwood which my blind was made of.

watermark.php

Vervet Monkey

Vervet Monkey hanging out with me in the trees.

watermark.php

Got your back....

This picture actually contains two rhinos standing rear end to rear end. I'm no expert, but I got the impression this was a defensive stance by these two to cover each other's backs.

watermark.php

Female Nyala

I'm not sure which is prettier the male or female Nyala.

watermark.php

Bull Elephant in The Kruger National Park

watermark.php

Elephant Rush Hour

I didn't have lens wide enough to catch this entire herd, 30-40 animals or thereabouts.

watermark.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daneski43

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber