For Sale Swarovski Z6 1-6x24mm EE (Extended Eye Relief)

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I thought I'd throw this one up on here if anyone has immediate need as its one of my many spares. Why do they even make other scopes? Anyway, its the discontinued EE model with the #4 reticle. Box and papers. Near mint. As shown in the photos, it has the faintest ring marks. I'll conserve the scope with an aluminum oxidizer which will conceal any faint wear you can see before I ship. I just wanted to show it in the worst possible light rather than conceal something a buyer wouldn't likely afterwards.

$2500 plus shipping via FedEx.

The EE was and is the finest stalking rifle and dangerous game rifle ever made. It allowed a full 5" of eye relief which made it possible to mount in various applications from single shot Ruger #1s and Dakotas all the way to drillings, double rifles, and heavy magnum mausers. They discontinued them about a decade ago while they still make the regular eye relief version that is not as useful.

The clarity of the optic allows for it to work out to midday conditions of 350 yards and nighttime conditions in blinds, for leopards, or for elephant out to reasonable 75 yard shots. I've used this type of optic on every caliber from 243 to 470NE and one is affixed to virtually every rifle I own.

IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_6589.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_6591.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
A very fine scope indeed. I have one on a No 1 in .275 Rigby. It is the best scope I’ve found for a No 1 which are notoriously difficult to position scopes properly on.

I have one of these scopes on my drilling and have used it on my 458 as well. It is a great scope and not produced in the extended eye relief version like this anymore the last time I checked. This should be perfect for someone’s DG rifle.

A very fine scope indeed. I have one on a No 1 in .275 Rigby. It is the best scope I’ve found for a No 1 which are notoriously difficult to position scopes properly on.
Very true. I had fits finding the right scope of my Ruger No. 1 chambered for 25-'06. Right power range and eye relief - a tough combination to find. Ended up with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10X, which seems to be the general consensus among the rifle builders I talked to. I think the Swaro EE scope would be an even better choice.

One of the best scopes made...PERIOD. If I didn't have an extra, I would get this and you can't find a better guy to buy from.

I eventually found one and it is on the way. If you are a Ruger No1 owner this item is apparently mandatory.

What is the reticle pattern on this one Rook? Mine is the circle plus dot, I think I would have preferred the dot only, but you take what you can get.

I’m pleased about the positive reviews of this scope as I’ve just bought a 458 Lott rifle with one attached!!

Man, if I hadn’t just spent my discretionary funds on a new rifle, this would be really tempting. I picked up one of these from another forum member last year and it is my favorite scope to look through. I don’t even have another appropriate rifle for it, but having the scope would justify finding the rifle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bafoyo4859

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.