For Sale Sabatti 470 NE

I find it interesting that the original owner was so confident that he/she would only need one shot that he/she only test fired the one barrel. If it were me, I'd have at least fired both barrels to see where the bullets hit. but then, I'm not as confident.

I'm between the K-Gun, Heym, and Chapuis.

Then I really leaning towards the 500/416. With that I have a 416 Rem mag. So I have an internal struggle with it and a 470NE. The 470NE doesn't really produce more power than the 416RM.

Then I read all the bad stories about doubles and ask myself do I really want to go down this path. Use the saved money for another hunt.

Or go R8 in a 416REM.

I am blessed to have this problem and not the other way around.

If you choose the right double the bad stories won't happen. The double is synonymous with DG and brings with it all classic Africa thing, but if that isnt a priority it is an expensive way to just propel bullets. As you say, it is great to be able to ponder these things.

First world problems. "Which action should I choose to buy in a rifle that I will use to shoot large scary creatures that never menaced me till I spent thousands of dollars to come and molest them?"
vs
"How do I kill that and eat it?
Not to throw stones! I can't wait to use a rifle with no other legitimate purpose to kill an angry bovine that I have paid thousands of dollars to come and molest.

This rifle is for sale again. I planned to buy it, but my circumstances got altered over the weekend.
Nothing against the rifle which I haven't seen, and certainly nothing against the seller who has been a great guy. Stuff just happens. Good deal for somebody!

If you choose the right double the bad stories won't happen. The double is synonymous with DG and brings with it all classic Africa thing, but if that isnt a priority it is an expensive way to just propel bullets. As you say, it is great to be able to ponder these things.
+1

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.58 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.50 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 78
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.51 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.52 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.52 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.52 PM 1.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.53 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.55 PM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 6.17.56 PM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
This gun is back available buyer backed out. Yes it has the mount for scope or dot sight if one desires.

Wondering if it still available? I believe you bought my 450 NE a few years ago if I am not mistaken

Yes it is available. I know people saying they can’t pm me and I don’t know why.

Yes it is available. I know people saying they can’t pm me and I don’t know why.
Hi @NTO, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Not too shabby at holding their value, original cost in 2012 was $5000-$5500. One of the reasons I went with a Sabatti. Didnt break the bank getting into DRs and can move it for what I paid for it quick enough. Lets anyone see if its for them or not.

Point of order. A cabelas large bore sabatti CAN be practically worthless. I’ve seen several in the $2000-$2500 range that were nearly $7000 new.

The devil is in the details. The regulation target above is from Ken Owen, the most qualified double rifle mechanic for Sabattis that has ever lived. He has re-regulated and quality control checked dozens of these.

the value of the gun in question is high solely and justifiably because of that regulation target signed by Ken Owen. Ken shot it, it shoots beautifully, thus the gun has strong value rather than being virtually worthless. This is specific to any gun that had been dremeled at the muzzle. If it hasn’t had any grinding of the crown and a regulation target shows good groups, you’re good to go and the weapon has good value.

Last edited:
Point of order. A cabelas large bore sabatti is practically worthless. I’ve seen several in the $2000-$2500 range that were nearly $7000 new.

The devil is in the details. The regulation target above is from Ken Owen, the most qualified double rifle mechanic for Sabattis that has ever lived. He has re-regulated and quality control checked dozens of these.

the value of the gun in question is high solely and justifiably because of that regulation target signed by Ken Owen. Ken shot it, it shoots beautifully, thus the gun has strong value rather than being virtually worthless. This is specific to any gun that had been dremeled at the muzzle. If it hasn’t any a regulation target shows good groups, you’re good to go.
Close. This is actually an unmolested original rifle that was not muzzle ground for regulation as many were. That target above as referenced is from a different member and a different rifle whom had work done by Ken Owen.

Agreed, muzzle ground rifles are worth only what the going rate is minus Ken Owen's fee's for repair, and then an arbitrary amount of 'chance' from the buyer. However, KO worked on Cabelas Sabattis' seem to still go for 4500-5000, 85%+ of their original sale price.

Newer Sabatti's from 2016-2019 jumped in retail slightly to $6000-$6500. Those non CAB marked rifles, used and in good condition, routinely go for $5000-$5500+. The newest rifles due to a variety of factors are now retailing at $7000-$7500. Time will tell how they hold their value, but I would wager they will be sold at $5000-$6000 depending on model (plain vs EDL, etc)

At the end of the day, Sabatti offers (now) a way for shooter/hunters to enter the double game without breaking the bank. Not many new double rifles retain 90%+ of their value, and there is clearly interest in this price range.

Close. This is actually an unmolested original rifle that was not muzzle ground for regulation as many were. That target above as referenced is from a different member and a different rifle whom had work done by Ken Owen.

Agreed, muzzle ground rifles are worth only what the going rate is minus Ken Owen's fee's for repair, and then an arbitrary amount of 'chance' from the buyer. However, KO worked on Cabelas Sabattis' seem to still go for 4500-5000, 85%+ of their original sale price.

Newer Sabatti's from 2016-2019 jumped in retail slightly to $6000-$6500. Those non CAB marked rifles, used and in good condition, routinely go for $5000-$5500+. The newest rifles due to a variety of factors are now retailing at $7000-$7500. Time will tell how they hold their value, but I would wager they will be sold at $5000-$6000 depending on model (plain vs EDL, etc)

At the end of the day, Sabatti offers (now) a way for shooter/hunters to enter the double game without breaking the bank. Not many new double rifles retain 90%+ of their value, and there is clearly interest in this price range.

No doubt, if someone gets a good one (demonstrable evidence of good regulation) a sabatti is a bargain. Ken Owen himself makes $200,000 double rifles, generally an indication a gun maker is damned fussy and knows what good looks like. The fact that he will work on Sabattis, praises them, and thinks they are a great rifle when properly regulated speaks volumes.

I believe this is the rifle the buyer wants me to evaluate and I am pleased to do so. However, as it has been to Ken, that is good enough for me. Any rifle he endorses says it all.

I sent you a PM with my phone number, if it doesn't come through you can message me with your number, I would like to discuss this rifle with you.

I believe this is the rifle the buyer wants me to evaluate and I am pleased to do so. However, as it has been to Ken, that is good enough for me. Any rifle he endorses says it all.
I think the target posted by @deewayne2003 has the Ken Owen target.

The one listed for sale by @NTO is a different double rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,