Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hi all, with great reluctancy I have decide to part with this CZ 550. With medical and a June safari (which Drs say may be last).
I am parting with some things to add more animals to the safari. I have other 375s for this safari.

CZ 550 375 HH AHR #2 upgrade.
I bought this rifle brand new in December 2019 thru our shop. Sent to Wayne for upgrade work and got back in early 2020. Was going to use on 2020 safari. Of course that didn't happen.
It has been on safaris in 2021 and 2023.
Gun weighs 10.3 lbs with out scope.
Holds 5 down in mag, feeds smoothly.
Wayne's work included. Glass bed, bolt handle, safety, trigger, pad and recoil reducer. Barrel is still factory length.
Metal is in good condition with little wear. Stock does have some scratches as would be expected from 2 safaris. I was worried about an issue with stock in 2022 and sent it to Wayne and he gave it a once over and all is good. I have attached many pics. And invoice from AHR. Comes with Talley 30mm rings.
Gun shoots 3/4 inch to 1 inch with Aframes or Barnes TXS. It has somewhere around 300 rounds thru it. Ask any questions.
You all know me and will tell it straight.

$3500 shipped insured to your FFL in SKB hard case.

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_7999.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

IMG_8011.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8013.jpg

IMG_8014.jpg

IMG_8015.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_8017.jpg

Ok. Was brought to my attention.
The invoice says No1 upgrade.
I had some other things done to rifle beyond No1 upgrade but not quite all way to No2. Wayne wrote it up as a No 1 upgrade. Only thing he didn't do to make it a full No2 is shorten the barrel and put on new front site. I wanted it left full length at the time.
This was one of 3 rifles he had of mine at same time. So was up to him how he wrote it up.

I have personally handled this rifle and IMO it is well balanced even with the mercury recoil reducer and the action is smooth and the trigger breaks clean. Very nice rifle and you can't buy from a more honest person. If I did not already have a 375 I would buy it.

Good choice Mark. That accurate of a rifle can be hard to find and definitely should be even harder to let go. I’m sure that combo will account for several great animals here in a few months.

Good choice, Mark. Those CZ’s flat out shoot, and Wayne knows how to make them sing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConsueloSu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.