For Sale Chapuis RGEX S/S 9.3X74R

Black Fly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
For Sale, Chapuis RGEX 9.3 x74R S/S with two sets of rings (1” and 30 mm) for the factory swing mounts. This RGEX gun has an upgraded walnut stock with right hand palm swell, single trigger, extended tang for strength through the wrist, ejectors, and color case hardened frame with game scenes on receiver. Rifle has 100 meter ( not the usual 50 meter)regulation targets for both bare rifle and with scope mounted. The Chapuis cocking system cocks both barrels on opening, not recoil activated cocking. The rifle fires the right barrel first, left barrel with the second trigger pull. No searching for the second trigger and no doubling. The gun has a few marks from going in and out of the safe. I can provide additional photos. The rings are included, but the scopes in the photos are not included. The 1” rings were factory provided, the 30 mm rings were added later, I believe. Both are the Recknagel type QD rings. The original regulation targets are included. My experience with the rifle were similar to these targets. I purchased this rifle used. The original owner said he had fired less than 25 shots through it. I’ve shot it at the range and fired it, approximately 55 times, before developing health problems that have not allowed me to shoot it since. It is tight, on face and in good working order. The RGEX is an upgraded gun, as noted above. It has the original 14 3/8 LOP. $5500 plus shipping and insurance. For an additional $165 plus shipping, I will include my RCBS 9.3x74R dies, 50 Hornady 286 grain bullets, 63 once fired AA brass, 98 nickel plated primed Federal brass, and a mixed lot of approximately 50 Norma and 15 S&B fired brass. This is a hard one to part with, but with recent health issues, returning to Africa has been removed from my future, someone needs to take this to Africa and post their trip and photos. Thanks for looking.
Bfly

1603805363361.png
1603805494260.png

I have owned three diffetent 9.3 Chapuis (! UGEX and 2 RGEX's and every one shot well. My current RGEX is the brother to yours and my favorite rifle hands down. Some one will get a great deal. This is a very good price for a RGEX. If you decide to part the rings I would happily buy the 30mm.

I have the Chapuis Brousse 375 H&H double and as I've posted before, it's a great shooting double that I have used on two safaris in Africa on buffalo and nyala. Chapuis makes a beautiful, and reasonably priced rifle.
Good luck to the buyer of this beautiful rifle.

I have shot one of these and they are great fun to play with! Should be great in Africa or hog hunting and even elk in the dark timber!
Best of luck in your sale!

I had a request about trades on another forum. A few things that currently interest me are a BLR in 257 Roberts, a BLR in 223, a Single Six Hunter, maybe a slug gun, Ruger 77 RSH in 22 Hornet, or a Ruger 77 in 250 Savage.
Thanks
Bfly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg