For Sale Chapuis RGEX S/S 9.3X74R

Black Fly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
For Sale, Chapuis RGEX 9.3 x74R S/S with two sets of rings (1” and 30 mm) for the factory swing mounts. This RGEX gun has an upgraded walnut stock with right hand palm swell, single trigger, extended tang for strength through the wrist, ejectors, and color case hardened frame with game scenes on receiver. Rifle has 100 meter ( not the usual 50 meter)regulation targets for both bare rifle and with scope mounted. The Chapuis cocking system cocks both barrels on opening, not recoil activated cocking. The rifle fires the right barrel first, left barrel with the second trigger pull. No searching for the second trigger and no doubling. The gun has a few marks from going in and out of the safe. I can provide additional photos. The rings are included, but the scopes in the photos are not included. The 1” rings were factory provided, the 30 mm rings were added later, I believe. Both are the Recknagel type QD rings. The original regulation targets are included. My experience with the rifle were similar to these targets. I purchased this rifle used. The original owner said he had fired less than 25 shots through it. I’ve shot it at the range and fired it, approximately 55 times, before developing health problems that have not allowed me to shoot it since. It is tight, on face and in good working order. The RGEX is an upgraded gun, as noted above. It has the original 14 3/8 LOP. $5500 plus shipping and insurance. For an additional $165 plus shipping, I will include my RCBS 9.3x74R dies, 50 Hornady 286 grain bullets, 63 once fired AA brass, 98 nickel plated primed Federal brass, and a mixed lot of approximately 50 Norma and 15 S&B fired brass. This is a hard one to part with, but with recent health issues, returning to Africa has been removed from my future, someone needs to take this to Africa and post their trip and photos. Thanks for looking.
Bfly

1603805363361.png
1603805494260.png

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
I have owned three diffetent 9.3 Chapuis (! UGEX and 2 RGEX's and every one shot well. My current RGEX is the brother to yours and my favorite rifle hands down. Some one will get a great deal. This is a very good price for a RGEX. If you decide to part the rings I would happily buy the 30mm.

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I have the Chapuis Brousse 375 H&H double and as I've posted before, it's a great shooting double that I have used on two safaris in Africa on buffalo and nyala. Chapuis makes a beautiful, and reasonably priced rifle.
Good luck to the buyer of this beautiful rifle.

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
I have shot one of these and they are great fun to play with! Should be great in Africa or hog hunting and even elk in the dark timber!
Best of luck in your sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andreyodc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J