Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Even though I am not a Guide Gun or the Ruger calibers fan, this is a great deal! This is the second deal @CTDolan has posted today. He must me having an early spring cleaning on the gun safe!

tarbe

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
When it rains, it pours! :D

BGBowers

Reaction score
Dang, I was in Rochester, MN just a week ago (I live in Colorado). I'll need to clear things on the home front first, but if I decide to purchase I may have my son-in-law bring cash and pick it up if that's OK.

Will 416

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Wish I would have had the money for this one. I just bought the 375 Guide Gun a couple of weeks ago and I love it!

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
It's an awesome rifle. Still question having sold it. But, a greater goal prevailed (.577 NE falling block build).

Were I never to leave North America, the .375 Ruger would be the obvious choice. With regard to Africa, it's still an obvious choice but the .416 Ruger then becomes a compelling option, also.

Kycrawler

AH senior member
Reaction score
The rifle is now bedded in a factory black synthetic stock shoots much better groups. Shot 2 nice black bears in ak this spring and a dozen hogs in Oklahoma . Headed north for moose this fall but will probably take 338-06. Lighter and shoots little flatter

Last edited by a moderator:

Russell de la Harpe

Reaction score
Hi Ct,

Thanks for info on your setup here. Did you go with the short action hogue stock or the long action version?

Looking to do the same to my 416 ruger guide. Thanks again and have a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Humberto54

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?