For Sale .416 Ruger Guide Gun

Even though I am not a Guide Gun or the Ruger calibers fan, this is a great deal! This is the second deal @CTDolan has posted today. He must me having an early spring cleaning on the gun safe!

When it rains, it pours! :D

Dang, I was in Rochester, MN just a week ago (I live in Colorado). I'll need to clear things on the home front first, but if I decide to purchase I may have my son-in-law bring cash and pick it up if that's OK.

Wish I would have had the money for this one. I just bought the 375 Guide Gun a couple of weeks ago and I love it!

It's an awesome rifle. Still question having sold it. But, a greater goal prevailed (.577 NE falling block build).

Were I never to leave North America, the .375 Ruger would be the obvious choice. With regard to Africa, it's still an obvious choice but the .416 Ruger then becomes a compelling option, also.

The rifle is now bedded in a factory black synthetic stock shoots much better groups. Shot 2 nice black bears in ak this spring and a dozen hogs in Oklahoma . Headed north for moose this fall but will probably take 338-06. Lighter and shoots little flatter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ct,

Thanks for info on your setup here. Did you go with the short action hogue stock or the long action version?

Looking to do the same to my 416 ruger guide. Thanks again and have a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg