AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club Intl, NRA
Hunted
WI & IL USA, Alberta Canada
New guy from Wisconsin and wanted to say hello. Have hunted is US & Canada. I have dreamed of an African hunt for Cape Buffalo since I was a kid. As said about Moose hunting ... it takes a young man's legs and an old man's wallet. I have at one of the 2 and hope to learn what it requires physically to peruse a Buffalo hunt along with gear & weapon/ammo selection. Amazing amount of great, experienced info being shared here by all. Looking to go on my 1st African hunt in 2023, looking forward to learning more from you all.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome aboard from a fellow hunter from Wisconsin!

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to the forum. You do know hanging out here will see you booking your African hunt sooner than planned. You will feel the need to look at double rifles, and become afflicted with big bore addiction!
Don’t say no one warned you!:S Welcome:

Giday Nomadx2 and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to African Hunting! Wisconsin is a favorite state of mine to visit, I have several hunting friends that call it home. You'll find tons of information here.

Nomadx2, welcome to the AH forum! You’re going to have a grand Africa adventure! Enjoy all the research and planning.

Welcome to the forum. You do know hanging out here will see you booking your African hunt sooner than planned. You will feel the need to look at double rifles, and become afflicted with big bore addiction!
Don’t say no one warned you!:S Welcome:

Yes, after spending some time on here, the addiction is beginning to take hold

Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite. It won't be tough to figure out what you need. Start the cardio now just to make sure ;-)

Welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite. It won't be tough to figure out what you need. Start the cardio now just to make sure ;-)

Yep, need to get the legs prepped. Any experience or tips you can share?

Reactions: CJW
Yep, need to get the legs prepped. Any experience or tips you can share?

Well I haven't hunted buff, just plains game and lots of other long distance hiking experience, but you'll need to be able to walk at least 5-10 miles per day with a loaded 10 lb rifle so dust off the walking shoes and work up to it without the rifle and then the last few months carry the rifle to get used to it as well. Of course any other cardio and strength training you can work in will help, especially with some good Africa heat depending on when and where you're hunting. I tried to do as much walking as possible with long shirt and jeans during the heat of the day to prep for Namibia. Good shoes or boots are necessary as well.

Do you have a trip booked?

Well I haven't hunted buff, just plains game and lots of other long distance hiking experience, but you'll need to be able to walk at least 5-10 miles per day with a loaded 10 lb rifle so dust off the walking shoes and work up to it without the rifle and then the last few months carry the rifle to get used to it as well. Of course any other cardio and strength training you can work in will help, especially with some good Africa heat depending on when and where you're hunting. I tried to do as much walking as possible with long shirt and jeans during the heat of the day to prep for Namibia. Good shoes or boots are necessary as well.

Do you have a trip booked?

Not yet. Starting my research to learn about various hunts and locations.

Reactions: CJW
Welcome to AH!

This crew will get you set straight to take on ol’ black death. Plenty of hunt reports to give you a good idea of hunt conditions.

Welcome!

Hey dere, welcome to AH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColinR

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.