Fishing with Dad

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I don’t think I’ve talked about it on here before, but my dad had a major stroke 10 years ago. The stoke pretty well clobbered him. I’ve been caring for him ever since. It was life changing me. I was in my mid 20s at the time. My dad was only 56. Caring for Dad has been my greatest accomplishment to date by far. It has also been the hardest thing I have ever done.

Today was his birthday. I stocked the little pond in front of the house back in the spring with catfish and bluegill. It’s been so hot this summer I had not taken him fishing yet. He caught 5 fish in a short time before the gnats ran us back in the house. Hoping to get him out as much as possible while we have some nice weather.

303EE682-66C0-4DE9-913C-6BAA7C999D04.jpeg
6B28F83E-8F51-4367-8089-EE77324F2C6D.jpeg
DE6CD32C-14B1-49D3-8742-FDA776FC777D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sureshot, That’s a great birthday present for your father, well done. It is a tremendous commitment to give up your desires and comforts to care for a loved one. I and my wife have done something similar. If everyone approached life this
way nursing homes would be rare. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Awesome. Happy birthday to your pop and congrats for being there for him.

You’re a good man. Thank you for
Honoring your father.

Great idea ! It is always a good thing to take the time to spend quality moments with your family.

This weekend, we had our yearly "grandparent day" too. My brother, sister and I with our partners and our children and our grandparents and some fun activities.

You are an amazing man.

That’s awesome man….. I hope to recapture that someday. We are so caught up in our daily life & to do’s….. stuff like gets away from us until it’s too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg