First African Safari in June!

Amsterdam - Doha was empty

f8ed24d46a07873d3de07237f13f81fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else on the 2:30 am flight from Doha to Johannesburg?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck. Enjoy the trip and hunting. Looking forward to the report.
(y)

We arrived at the lodge, seeing some springbuck next to the “road”.

After dinner on black wildebeest, I’m just enjoying the sounds and smells outside a bit. There was a blesbok not 30 meters from my room in the dark, snorting away. I saw it run off after trying to approach it.

There is no sound here… no trains, planes, cars or anything… some lights in the far distance and a sky full of stars. This is paradise for me.

The rooms are amazing, the sights tomorrow promise to be amazing, we are on the top of a hill overlooking a valley with aloe Vera? which are blooming. I’ll need to make sure about the plants tomorrow.

For tomorrow, as the first day, we will wake at 7:00, breakfast at 7:30, shoot the rifles and then start exploring.

This is a dream come true.

Thank you all AH members, I’m loving every second of it.

We arrived at the lodge, seeing some springbuck next to the “road”.

After dinner on black wildebeest, I’m just enjoying the sounds and smells outside a bit. There was a blesbok not 30 meters from my room in the dark, snorting away. I saw it run off after trying to approach it.

There is no sound here… no trains, planes, cars or anything… some lights in the far distance and a sky full of stars. This is paradise for me.

The rooms are amazing, the sights tomorrow promise to be amazing, we are on the top of a hill overlooking a valley with aloe Vera? which are blooming. I’ll need to make sure about the plants tomorrow.

For tomorrow, as the first day, we will wake at 7:00, breakfast at 7:30, shoot the rifles and then start exploring.

This is a dream come true.

Thank you all AH members, I’m loving every second of it.

Love it!
Go get ‘em!

Enjoy it and slow down not to miss the small things as this will not be your last time in Africa.

Wonderful VBE, by now you will be out in the bush - what is on the ticket?

The first day, the first stalk, not even 15min after we started walking from the lodge, I think my smile says it all. When I get back home, I’ll be writing a full hunting report.

3c9926358c7b1ce3fd9e4d68adaa6f8c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done and with shorts!

Yes of course, it is 27 Celsius here. :)

I’m overheating almost! :)

Today a male warthog, my father a blesbok and a really big black wildebeests!

Today was unbelievable…. The hunting report will be awesome!

Good thing you are not posting much having too much fun!!!

Guys… bushbuck is starting to be the challenge for this trip, been out on 5 stalks/blinds and seen many, but either not in range or too difficult too shoot. Or nothing to be seen due to changing winds…

I get why everyone was urging to put it higher on the priority list! Tomorrow we go out again!

Good thing you are not posting much having too much fun!!!

Indeed, I’m having the time of my life…
So far I’ve been lucky to hunt for blesbok, warthog, 2 velvet monkeys, impala and an injured 45+ inch Eastern cape kudu. :D

Still want to look for bushbuck, nyala or waterbuck, black or blue wildebeest and if possible a baboon.

Last edited:
Grand to have that first Safari plenty on the list to fill up.
They are called Vervet Monkeys not Velvet have you seen their Blue Balls?

Grand to have that first Safari plenty on the list to fill up.
They are called Vervet Monkeys not Velvet have you seen their Blue Balls?

Indeed, they were difficult to miss

Today was another amazing day, I’m dead tired walking up and down the mountains for three days, but an amazing waterbuck was taken!

Tomorrow we look for sable for my father on another location

Today is wednesday evening, we are taking the plane on Saturday, tomorrow Addo elephant park, I have written 12 pages of report already, it will be awesome :)

Taxidermy is going to be a pretty penny though, with four shoulder mounts, but you’ll understand with the report :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snowlimitless

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross