First African Safari in June!

You and your dad are going to have a grand Africa adventure! Nice trophy lists.

Congratulations! I can sense your elation. There is nothing like a first safari. When I was going on my first a friend sent me a note that said: “You’re not going on a vacation or a trip. You’re going on a SAFARI!”
As others have stated: Talk to the staff and locals. Take pictures of not only your trophies but EVERYTHING (Camp, sunrises and sun sets, animals, the trackers working, scenery, staff).
As Phillip Glass stated, move the bushbuck higher on the list.
Have a great hunt. Shoot straight and be safe.
Looking forward to your write up.

11 days and nights remaining... I'm starting to get useless for normal day-to-day stuff...

1621933521238.png

Looks to be fairly reasonable packing list. So slow getting to go then goes by so fast as it happens. No matter what I've tried, can't seem to slow the dang clock when there . . . . . ........ Have a great trip! Patience and de-stress along the way. :)

SUNBLOCK - Make sure you pack them even if it is winter here the sun and UV is going to toast your white Belgian skin.

Seen it time and time again with my family :ROFLMAO:

SUNBLOCK - Make sure you pack them even if it is winter here the sun and UV is going to toast your white Belgian skin.

Seen it time and time again with my family :ROFLMAO:

Yep it is on the list, factor 40 should be fine I hope? Next to my Martinique fiancé I have almost translucent skin :D

You are originally from the Netherlands? Or Belgium?

V.

Yep it is on the list, factor 40 should be fine I hope? Next to my Martinique fiancé I have almost translucent skin :D

V.
Brussels!

Brussels!
Ah nice! I'm only a tourist in Brussels, moved in here for my studies and stuck around for work. I'm originally from West-Flanders (between Torhout & Oostende). Been living here for 15 years now.

Btw, where are you located in Gauteng? In 8-9 days (!) I will be at Multana Safaris (owned by a Flemish guy from my birth region) in the Eastern Cape, somewhere close to Addo Elephant park, not far from Grahamstown.

V.
Rather up to min 50, preferably 60. Being from South Africa i can say that as with most things here. The sun doesn't play around.

Rather up to min 50, preferably 60. Being from South Africa i can say that as with most things here. The sun doesn't play around.
thanks for the tip Elton, I'll make sure I have a minimum of 50.
As we are going to be hunting hard for 13 days straight, better not have a sunburn.

Ah nice! I'm only a tourist in Brussels, moved in here for my studies and stuck around for work. I'm originally from West-Flanders (between Torhout & Oostende). Been living here for 15 years now.

Btw, where are you located in Gauteng? In 8-9 days (!) I will be at Multana Safaris (owned by a Flemish guy from my birth region) in the Eastern Cape, somewhere close to Addo Elephant park, not far from Grahamstown.
Pretoria, Gauteng yes.

My mind is going crazy right now, cannot believe that in about 4 days, I’ll be starting on a lifelong dream adventure of mine...

It does not help that my fiancée and myself are also currently in a bidding war for a new dream house. For which we will know the result the day before I leave...

Time is going too slow :D

Good luck on your house and on your trip Vertigo.

Good luck on the house!

Hope you get everything you are after on the hunt! It's definitely as much about making memories as hunting itself! Best of luck!

Less than 24hrs before departure, just anxiously waiting for that bloody PCR test...

The house was a bust though, started to go too high for what it was worth, so we cut our losses :) at least this will not be a worry to carry during the safari, and I can be a bit more liberal with the budget :D

Reactions: WAB
That’s it, waiting to board the plane… we are really doing this! Safe travels to all the other members flying this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!