First .375H&H, what to avoid?

I am from the UK and have just recently acquired a 375H&H. The police granted it to me no questions asked however I was heavily restricted. I wasn't allowed to fire the gun in the UK, I wasn't even allowed to have it outside the house unless I was heading to the airport to go abroad. After writing to the firearms dept and a quick phone call all restrictions were lifted and I can hunt "all other legal quarry" in the UK and abroad. I bought a second hand Winchester M70 and it quickly became my favourite rifle in the cabinet.
View attachment 404024
That’s absolutely gorgeous. I just put a deposit on a classic super express in .375 H&H magnum waiting game now
 
Really interesting subject. I just bought a used Winchester Model 70 in 375 H and H. It is CRF. It was made in 1993 and is a Super Express model. I got it from an estate. It came with an inexpensive Nikon 1-6 power Monarch scope. I have taken it to the range once snd find the recoil very manageable. I have not yet hunted DG, but really like this rifle. I hope to use it on deer in WI this year if I can get appropriate ammo. This was definitely a want of mine rather than a need! I never thought I would have such s wonderful rifle! Enjoy your new 375. Your friend, Brian
Hello mate how you finding it. I just put a deposit on a classic super express in.375H&H magnum and I’m in the UK too
 
Hello mate how you finding it. I just put a deposit on a classic super express in.375H&H magnum and I’m in the UK too
I really like it. It is the nicest rifle I ever owned. I have only shot a few rounds through it as I sm looking for reasonable ammo right now. Also I just returned from my hunt in Namibia and I was practicing with rifles to simmulate what I would be using with the PHs rifles. Recoil doesn’t seem oppressive. Keep us updated on your experience! Your friend, Brian
 
I really like it. It is the nicest rifle I ever owned. I have only shot a few rounds through it as I sm looking for reasonable ammo right now. Also I just returned from my hunt in Namibia and I was practicing with rifles to simmulate what I would be using with the PHs rifles. Recoil doesn’t seem oppressive. Keep us updated on your experience! Your friend, Brian
Hello mate sure. I will keep you posted. Waitinb for my fac to come back. Where in the Uk are you
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,268
Messages
1,571,074
Members
169,252
Latest member
MarinaVpp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top