Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
You would think growing up in Florida hunting, the Osceola Turkey would be the easiest bird for me to get... Not so much.... After, killing a few Osceola birds over the years as a guide/caller for other folks, I finally got the opportunity to get some trigger time for myself. It was my birthday weekend, so happy birthday to me! My wife called this beautiful 3 year old across the shotgun barrel for me this morning. It took a few years, but I finally got my North American Grand Slam of wild turkeys. My fellow turkey hunters out there will appreciate this.

IMG_1316.JPG

They are in my opinion the toughest to get. Definitely the most frustrating! Congratulations from a fellow slammer!

Congrats

What a beauty! Congrats!

Congrats! I am still working on my slam, small things like work and Africa keep getting in the way. Nice bird!

Nice!

Dan , congratulations on your Grand slam.
I have only killed Eastern & Osceola, miss hunting in Florida, use to go every spring turkey & hog hunt.

Happy Birthday and go get another one . Forrest

Congratulations on the slam. Beautiful bird.

Congrats and super awesome. So...... When you going for the oscilated turkey?

Also did you get a goulds? I lack it and the Osceola for my North American slam.

Congrats Firehuntfish, great bird! I finally got mine last year, been skunked 2X on Eastern bird, I'm still looking for one to finish my Royal Slam

Congrats Firehuntfish, great bird! I finally got mine last year, been skunked 2X on Eastern bird, I'm still looking for one to finish my Royal Slam

Eastern's certainly seem more wary than Rio Grand and Merriam. I have no experience with Oceola. Good luck on 3x!

Congrats! Nice teamwork!

Congrats and super awesome. So...... When you going for the oscilated turkey

Also did you get a goulds? I lack it and the Osceola for my North American slam

Thanks Gizmo.... To be honest, I have no personal interest in hunting an Oscillated turkey. Maybe someday, but there are lots of trips (including more African safaris) that we want to do before an Oscillated turkey hunt. I don't have a Gould's yet for the Royal slam and that one is definitely on the list. Hopefully, we will catch a Gould's hunt on auction at one of the SCI or NWTF events...... Every hunt I plan for these days is X2 now with the wife hunting as well....

I'm with you on the oscillated turkey thing. Much rather be in Africa instead. I'd like to get a goulds one day tho.
At any rate congrats on your bird. He's a very nice one.

Just saw this on a taxidermy website. You send them your turkey's head and they bronze it and mount it for you. Seems like a cool way to memorialize your turkey:

0498.JPG

Attachments

• 0498.JPG
    0498.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 136
That bird has some beautiful color to it, congratulations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois